Parkwood guitars. I need a brief info on them

takanick

• Members

I have an acquaintance who owns one, and he could literally have any guitar in the world, yet he chose a parkwood. I know nothing about parkwoods. Are they any good? Aren't they like guitar center's house brand or something? I'm just curious as to why he went with that guitar, and i refuse to ask him directly because he's just an aquaintance and i don't wanna dig any deeper. so any info on parkwood from you guys would be great. Thanks guys

• Members

Yeah, like ^^ everyone says - MIK, came out probably 5-ish years ago as a line of solid-wood acoustics "reasonably" priced. I tried a few at Guitar Center and found them to be nice. The necks were a bit too thin at the nut for my tastes, so I didn't go any further but they were nice for the money.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by katopp

View Post

Decent Korean Guitars, made by Samick, AFAIR.

^ Close. Made by Cort. A bit more upscale than regular Corts. The "GC house brand" thing was a common misconception. GC had the exclusive rights to sell Parkwod in the US. All models are all solid wood with a thinner-than-usual finish. I've also played a maple jumbo, tuned to drop D. Very impressive. The dreadnaughts were slightly less so but quite nice. Never saw one with issues. Grab one if you get the chance.

Archived