completely OT but I had to share my new toy with friends

wkendhacker

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by wkendhacker View Post
I'm either going to have to start selling gear off or start playing a lot more gigs and getting paid better. Just bought this 36 foot behemoth to sail on the wide Kentucky Lake.
Some of my best childhood memories are the family summer vacations at Kentucky Lake. Camping, fishing below the dam, and it's where I learned to swim. I'm jealous .....

smile.gif

Paul

• Members

A man after my own heart! What is she, a Cal, Islander, Ericson? Can't tell much by the cockpit shot. Looks ship-shape! Sailing's the ONLY way to go. Enjoy!!! Remember, starboard tack has right-of-way, windward boat stays clear of leeward boat, red right returning, always beer the skipper first, and all that....... thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa1

View Post

A man after my own heart! What is she, a Cal, Islander, Ericson? Can't tell much by the cockpit shot. Looks ship-shape! Sailing's the ONLY way to go. Enjoy!!! Remember, starboard tack has right-of-way, windward boat stays clear of leeward boat, red right returning, always beer the skipper first, and all that....... thumb.gif

Columbia 36. !969 model, but the previous owners just finished a complete refit. New yanmar diesel, cutlass, prop, wiring, plumbing, electronics, new steering station, new standing rigging new sails. All I really need to see to is running rigging and fix up the interior and she's brand new. They even gave her a nice paint job. Right after they did the refit (ALL the work was done by a local marine yard) the husband got sick and died shortly after. They never even got to sail it. In fact the only time they even motored it was from the marine yard to the slip they rented for her. They never were able to use the boat. It sat in the slip for 3 months after he died and she put it up for sale.

Archived