Finally bought a little recording device - the wife doesn't know.

fatback

• Members

You may remember me from the past (certainly not for a while) for putting up tunes on VOM1T with that authentic blues HIIISSSSSS. I have finally (I have been thinking about it for about two years) bought a little recording device which I hope will make a difference. Its a ZOOM H1 .... yes an H1 we still have a recession over here. I bought it on impulse and the wife doesn't know. Hopefully she'll think I've borrowed it from work.

shsssss don't tell

Phil

• Members

Congratrz, Phil. You'll love it. Since my recording needs are small, I would've bought the H1 myself if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on the Zoom H2. The H2 also came with some nice accessories, so the deal I got ($140) was hard to turn down. I got it at Sam Ash......and their price was about $10 less than any of the on-line vendors.

I know the H1 is still available, but I don't think you can even get the H2 anymore. Pretty sure it's been replaced by the H2n at about twice the cost of the H1. I'm sure you'll be happy with your H1.

• Members

Congrats, Phil. Don't worry - they're easy to hide. I have an H2 hid in the junk drawer, along with 2 Shubb capos, a Kyser capo, a bag of wheat picks, an opened package of Elixirs (didn't like 'em), several dollars in change, a few gift cards (for me), a bunch of dead AA batteries, yada yada yada.

• Members

Happy HNRD and all, Phil but I'd keep that on the QT from everybody. Being "the guy" with a recorder is like being able to do bodywork, or being the only friend with a truck on moving day. These are things you want only a select few knowing. Otherwise your weekends are shot pounding out dents, moving other people's crap and/or listening to friends mangling "just ONE more take!" of Wagon Wheel on ukulele.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarcapo

View Post

Why is it a secret from your wife? Are you recording her without her knowledge?

I guess she's the kind who always says "no" without even considering otherwise. My wife can be that way too. I'm currently trying to get the nerve up to ask my wife if I can forego a Christmas present from her so that I can buy a set of EIR for $80.

• Members

cry.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Opa John

View Post

I told my wife my Zoom H2 was a six transistor shirt pocket radio. I had her convinced until she caught me playing my guitar and singing to it the next day. facepalm.gif

I know this comes under the heading of "leaving the barn door open", but you should have plugged in some headphones so she thought you were playing along with the radio.

idea.gif

Paul

• Members

Or................you all could just tell your wives. eek.gif Maybe buy her something nice too. idn_smilie.gifidea.gif

My wife doesn't mind too much......as long as she gets hers.

I'm in pretty good shape, though. I passed up my dream Osthoff Baritone 12-string to buy her a new car not too long ago. She owes me big time! icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by recordingtrack1

View Post

looking forward to hearing your latest. Those Zoom recorders are pretty nice. The sound guy in my church has one and he does audio recordings of the services and makes CD's for a couple of elderly members who can't make it to church. They sound surprisingly good.

I'm planning to give it a runout tonight - trying to put together an accompanyment for Lord Franklin. I'll post when is ready.

Phil

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarcapo

View Post

Why is it a secret from your wife? Are you recording her without her knowledge?

No but it could be considered a bit of an extravegance at the moment. Saying that we just went out and bought a new tv so I might come clean.

Phil

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kwakatak

View Post

I guess she's the kind who always says "no" without even considering otherwise. My wife can be that way too. I'm currently trying to get the nerve up to ask my wife if I can forego a Christmas present from her so that I can buy a set of EIR for $80.

She wouldn't say no exactly but ......

Phil

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by fatback

View Post

She wouldn't say no exactly but ......

...you might be "persuaded" to sleep on the couch by way of an icy misdemeanor. I get it, Phil. They say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" but in my experience it ain't the heat but the chill! wink.gif

Archived