Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally bought a little recording device - the wife doesn't know.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally bought a little recording device - the wife doesn't know.

You may remember me from the past (certainly not for a while) for putting up tunes on VOM1T with that authentic blues HIIISSSSSS. I have finally (I have been thinking about it for about two years) bought a little recording device which I hope will make a difference. Its a ZOOM H1 .... yes an H1 we still have a recession over here. I bought it on impulse and the wife doesn't know. Hopefully she'll think I've borrowed it from work.

shsssss don't tell

Phil
    Founding member of Harmony Unacoustic Activities Committee

Hey Phil! Nice to see you back on the forum. Your secret is safe with me - and please don't mention the couple of gits in my store cupboard at work
    Howard

Comment

Congratrz, Phil. You'll love it. Since my recording needs are small, I would've bought the H1 myself if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on the Zoom H2. The H2 also came with some nice accessories, so the deal I got ($140) was hard to turn down. I got it at Sam Ash......and their price was about $10 less than any of the on-line vendors.

I know the H1 is still available, but I don't think you can even get the H2 anymore. Pretty sure it's been replaced by the H2n at about twice the cost of the H1. I'm sure you'll be happy with your H1.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

Congrats, Phil. Don't worry - they're easy to hide. I have an H2 hid in the junk drawer, along with 2 Shubb capos, a Kyser capo, a bag of wheat picks, an opened package of Elixirs (didn't like 'em), several dollars in change, a few gift cards (for me), a bunch of dead AA batteries, yada yada yada.
        Cornelius Clodhopper

Comment

Thanks folks

I've been around on PP, and messing around with banjo as well. As soon as the wife's out I'll record something and post it.

Phil

Comment

looking forward to hearing your latest. Those Zoom recorders are pretty nice. The sound guy in my church has one and he does audio recordings of the services and makes CD's for a couple of elderly members who can't make it to church. They sound surprisingly good.

Roger Waters
            Echoes
            from the MEDDLE LP

Comment

I have one and love it.
              Bob.
              Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

Why is it a secret from your wife? Are you recording her without her knowledge?
                Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

Happy HNRD and all, Phil but I'd keep that on the QT from everybody. Being "the guy" with a recorder is like being able to do bodywork, or being the only friend with a truck on moving day. These are things you want only a select few knowing. Otherwise your weekends are shot pounding out dents, moving other people's crap and/or listening to friends mangling "just ONE more take!" of Wagon Wheel on ukulele.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarcapo
                    View Post

Why is it a secret from your wife? Are you recording her without her knowledge?

I guess she's the kind who always says "no" without even considering otherwise. My wife can be that way too. I'm currently trying to get the nerve up to ask my wife if I can forego a Christmas present from her so that I can buy a set of EIR for $80.
                    Cornelius Clodhopper

Comment

I was looking at the H1 recently. Rather interesting, and I'm pretty sure I could sneak it past the wife, by disguising it to look like an electric razor.

Paul

Comment

I told my wife my Zoom H2 was a six transistor shirt pocket radio. I had her convinced until she caught me playing my guitar and singing to it the next day.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Opa John
                          View Post

I told my wife my Zoom H2 was a six transistor shirt pocket radio. I had her convinced until she caught me playing my guitar and singing to it the next day.

I know this comes under the heading of "leaving the barn door open", but you should have plugged in some headphones so she thought you were playing along with the radio.

Paul

Comment

Or................you all could just tell your wives. Maybe buy her something nice too.

My wife doesn't mind too much......as long as she gets hers.

I'm in pretty good shape, though. I passed up my dream Osthoff Baritone 12-string to buy her a new car not too long ago. She owes me big time!
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">Jack<br><br><br><br>196 9 Martin D12-20 12-string<br><br>1984 Martin HD-28</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by recordingtrack1
                              View Post

looking forward to hearing your latest. Those Zoom recorders are pretty nice. The sound guy in my church has one and he does audio recordings of the services and makes CD's for a couple of elderly members who can't make it to church. They sound surprisingly good.

I'm planning to give it a runout tonight - trying to put together an accompanyment for Lord Franklin. I'll post when is ready.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                              X