I Said I Wasn't Going To Do It, But.......

Opa John

• Members

......I couldn't turn this down. Bought it three days ago. It's a 2012 Martin D-15M, about three months old, that I found on my local Craig's List. The seller swore he was only selling it because he found out that a dreadnought guitar caused him some shoulder pain. I saw his sales receipt from Guitar Center. He paid $1199 for it new with a 10% discount. So, he got it for just under $1100, plus sales tax, of course. When he tried to trade it back in, GC offered him less on trade than he sold it to me for. I got it for $550!! People, it's like a brand new guitar, the case is too, and the tone and playability is as good as it gets. I can understand why knockwood is always raving about his now. Truly in "mint" condition......not one smudge on it. It's perfect.

D-15.jpg

Case.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OldTwelver View Post
Congrats on the new Martin Opa !!!

So, did you buy it because it coordinated (color wise) with the chair and throw?

wink.gif

Paul
Not really, but I'm glad it does. I bought it because it coordinated with my wallet!! biggrin.gif

• Members

Holy crap! Congrats! $550 is insane for that guitar!

goat+tower,+paarl,+south+africa.jpg

I have the same git, but paid full price from Elderly in 2011 (I think). Still very well worth it. I will never, ever, ever sell it. Playability and tone are fantastic, it smells great, it looks real purty. It is also the one guitar I own that my wife will not allow me to sell under any circumstances. It's her favorite...

Hope you enjoy the hell outta that thing. thumb.gif

• Members

Thanks for the goat, knockwood. I was paying attention every time you mentioned yours. When I got back home from buying it, I jumped back on craigslist and noticed that there were three other D-15Ms listed. All three were older, from 4 to 9 years old, and priced from $750 to $950. I think $950 is a little high, but it looks like right around $750 is the going price for a used one in pristine condition.

I'm already enjoying the hell out of it, BTW. Great guitar, regardless of price. Kinda "plain jane", but a keeper.

Archived