I can't believe how much I love the Civil Wars

mister natural

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Necro posting a bit. I've just gotten into their stuff in the past few days.

I heard the "Safe and Sound" Hunger Games song they did with Taylor Swift a couple of months ago and IMMEDIATELY liked it - very rare for me hearing a new song for the first time. Kinda forgot about it. Then a few days ago, I heard Barton Hollow on Sirius. Jumped online and bought a digital copy of the album.

Awesome stuff.

Doesn't hurt that Joy has beautiful looks to match that beautiful voice, either.

• Members

Laurie & I always watch the GRammy show. We have for years; a form of date night for us

When these cats came on last yrs' show(best new country/folk or something), I first thought it was Jack White(he looks just like him) and some new singer. As that song progressed, I realized that Joy is an AMAZING singer in her own right. She's almost as talented & almost as beautiful as Allison Krauss, imho

peace

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mister natural

View Post

As that song progressed, I realized that Joy is an AMAZING singer in her own right. She's almost as talented & almost as beautiful as Allison Krauss, imho

peace

I'll give you that she might be almost as talented as Allison Krauss, since Alison is an outstanding singer and a fantastic instrumentalist.

The other part of the quote boggles my mind. Joy is far more beautiful! :-)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Huh... think thats a Gibson ES-125 he's playing or a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by mister natural

View Post

Laurie & I always watch the GRammy show. We have for years; a form of date night for us

When these cats came on last yrs' show(best new country/folk or something), I first thought it was Jack White(he looks just like him) and some new singer. As that song progressed, I realized that Joy is an AMAZING singer in her own right. She's almost as talented & almost as beautiful as Allison Krauss, imho

peace

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Apple Slim

View Post

Barton Hollow is a good song. Other than that, I just can't get into them. I tried.

Too pretty, too "chick ish" for me.

They are local, Muscle Shoals is right down the road, so a lot of folks around here are aware of them, even before they hit.

BTW,I heard they broke up the other day.

I agree. I saw them a year ago and got bored after about 20 minutes. Plus, Williams was annoyingly flirtatious with White during the songs.

Archived