Lloyd Loar's lost F5 notes

Verne Andru

• Members

This came up over at Mandolin Cafe:

Greg Rich did get to see many original documents while working for Gibson. I can remember around 1985 being in Charlie Derrington's office at Gibson in Nashville. Greg Rich and Jim Triggs were there and we were talking about Loars. The janitor was in there cleaning up and he spoke up and said while he was working his last days at the Kalamazoo plant cleaning up around an office he found a piece of paper behind a file cabinet which looked important so he kept it. He then brought the paper in for us all to see and it was the hand typed specfications for the making of the first F-5 complete with corrections in Loar's handwritting on it. Charlie was pretty excited to see this that day. He made a copy for me to keep. It answered many unknown details about the first F5.

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...93#post1102693

Super cool IMHO.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru

View Post

This came up over at Mandolin Cafe:

Greg Rich did get to see many original documents while working for Gibson. I can remember around 1985 being in Charlie Derrington's office at Gibson in Nashville. Greg Rich and Jim Triggs were there and we were talking about Loars. The janitor was in there cleaning up and he spoke up and said while he was working his last days at the Kalamazoo plant cleaning up around an office he found a piece of paper behind a file cabinet which looked important so he kept it. He then brought the paper in for us all to see and it was the hand typed specfications for the making of the first F-5 complete with corrections in Loar's handwritting on it. Charlie was pretty excited to see this that day. He made a copy for me to keep. It answered many unknown details about the first F5.

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...93#post1102693

Super cool IMHO.

More than that...it's like finding The Holy Grail!

Archived