Great-Grandpa Today!!!

kiowa1

• Members

This morning at 4:48am, my grand-daughter by my oldest son, gave birth to a healthy 8 pound - 2 ounce baby girl, Alicia Dawn. My son said she came into the world kicking and screaming. Mother and child are doing very well.

In honor of the occasion, I think I'll slip away to the den/music room/mancave tonight, pop the bottle of Martell Cordon Bleu that's been in there for awhile, light up the Meerschaum pipe, sit back in the recliner, and spend the evening with some nice Charlie Parker and John Coltrane.

Life is good. wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by acousticdepot

View Post

If you think that mentioning it was your oldest son's daughter makes you a little younger, your wrong .... just kidding, congrats ... perhaps this will inspire a new composition.

I'll take 66 years old. Better than dying. It did, just for a brief moment, make me feel older than dirt. Thanks everyone for the good words. I feel pretty good today! When I tear into that cognac tonight, I'm going to feel a lot better! thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OldTwelver View Post
Congrats on being a great grandfather Jack !!!

No further comment on that subject from me, as I generally avoid conversations that give too many clues about my age .......

Paul
Are you one of us that have rocks out in the garden younger than we are? icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OldTwelver View Post
Congrats on being a great grandfather Jack !!!

No further comment on that subject from me, as I generally avoid conversations that give too many clues about my age .......Paul
That train departed from the station a couple of months ago, Paul. poke.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa1

View Post

Let's face it, we're all old farts and we dress funny. But if you put us all together, I'll bet you'd get a pretty wild jam session, huh? thumb.gif

I don't think I dress funny, but I'm up for a good jam session just about any old time. And BTW, I'm only a couple of years older than you and I've been a great grandpa for about 9 years now. Hell, I was a Grandpa before I was 40! We don't mess around here in Ohio, man!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Opa John

View Post

I don't think I dress funny, but I'm up for a good jam session just about any old time. And BTW, I'm only a couple of years older than you and I've been a great grandpa for about 9 years now. Hell, I was a Grandpa before I was 40! We don't mess around here in Ohio, man!

I guess so!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Steadfastly

View Post

Congratulations! Now onto great, great Grandpa.

The little gal better hurry if that's going to happen. Let's see......66 years old now, plus 22 to 23 years, plus a tail wind, plus....... I figure about 88 or 89. It's doable but.......hmmmmmm. confused.gif

Archived