X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Brutally Honest look at Crosby Stills & Nash

Albeit circa 1987 but still very interesting to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ozbTZYDgc
    Original Music here on BandCamp
    http://gilsmusic.bandcamp.com

".....three unreleased recordings of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young fighting in the dressing room at the Fillmore East
    Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

As always, I'm struck by the quiet courage and strength of Nash...he has always been the rock the other two could (and often did) use to anchor themselves to.
      God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

The Bottle and the Damage Done.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font size="3">“Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives”</font> </font><br><br><i>John Stuart Mill.</i></div>

Comment

Not exactly an exclusive story with bands ...
          "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot
            View Post

So true.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">Jack<br><br><br><br>196 9 Martin D12-20 12-string<br><br>1984 Martin HD-28</div>

Comment

View Post

No relevant
              Bob.
              Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Allan Hall
                View Post

As always, I'm struck by the quiet courage and strength of Nash...he has always been the rock the other two could (and often did) use to anchor themselves to.

Crosby leaning on one side of Nash because he's too strung out to stand on his own and Stills on the other side trying to swing around Nash to clobber Crosby for being **************** headed, what's not to expect just before a show? Crosby was a musical genius and a personal train wreck and it didn't help matters at all that Stills needed him to back up his ego.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">Be back when I get back. TTFN.</div>

Comment

It was too much to ask that we would even get one more album such as this:

But it is heart-breaking to think we might have, had it not been for their demons. Sounds like this is what GN is mourning; what might have been...

Comment

Agreed. He has mentioned a few times that Stills had a tendency to hog the spotlight. How many times does that happen before your band falls apart feeling individually insignificant? Tonight I'm picking my gear up from one I quit because of that. I see ego, I show heels.

Comment

The loss of creativity is tragic. But despite the toll taken by egos and demons, these guys are IMHO on an extremely short list of bands that have cranked out an amazing number of great songs. In that regard, I put them up there with the likes of the Beatles and the Stones. I was barely aware of them, somehow, until I met my wife. They've always been her favorite band.

It also seems like bands are even more doomed than marriages, statistically. Egos and substance abuse and faulty airplanes have really ****************ing robbed us all of a lot of great art.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer">I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet.<br><br><br><br><br><br>I.K.F.C.<br><br>E.S .C.<br><br>Potato Society<br><br>SAWG</div>

Comment

I was in two groups with great promise that were ruined by drugs and booze (no, not me). It was very frustrating, and a real waste of talent, time, and emotion.

Paul

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by acousticdepot
                          View Post

No relevant

Um.... you did watch the video, didn't you?
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font size="3">“Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives”</font> </font><br><br><i>John Stuart Mill.</i></div>

Comment

CSN was probably the single-most influential band for me between 1969 and on. Individual artists were plentiful but CSN was my band. I did not think Young was needed in the band, and visa versa. I thought, and still think, Suite Judy Blues eyes a brilliant piece of writing with its execution, vocal harmonies, dynamics, the full "suite" to be immune to the stagnation and overplay that killed the Free Birds and Stairways of our past. A true timeless piece of writing, IMO. Then again, I know of one guy who actually said: "I don't get Crosby, Stills and Nash. What was that all about?" He also said that of Cat Stevens and a few others, as I recall. Dropped him as a client Monday, incidentally.

Comment

View Post

Um.... you did watch the video, didn't you?

Yo Bad-

It's an old joke that precedes your Join Date here. Refers to whether or not CSN, but especially Neil Young remains relevant today.

Just a joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X