NGD - Takamine EF341C

bigou

• Members

I pull the trigger on EBAY for a Takamine EF341C like the Boss (ok I'm a die hard fan). It's not the solid top model (it's an old one) but for 400$ with a HSC it's fair. I'm looking for one for a long time. A new one cost over 1000$ in Canada and a used one it's impossible to find under 600-700$ (even the all laminated model).
I also bought a little PA and a LR Baggs Para DI... I'm ready to gig!!!

• Members

I think that's because it's the model play by a lot of country/rocker back in the early 90's (Bon Jovi, Springsteen, Garth Brooks, Eagles, Toby Keith).
A new one with solid top have a list price of 1299$. Back in the 90's this model cost around 1000$ brand new. Some people say it's impossible that this guitar had a laminated top because they sound so great. If you look at the Takamine website they say "spruce" for the top... I assume that is not a solide top guitar.
I play about 3 or 4 of this exact model over the years. Everytime I was blown away by the sound (both electric an acoustic). Everytime I turn back because of the price. 650$, 700$, 750$ I also see one at 800$. No deal on that guitar here in Canada...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by OldGuitarPlayer View Post
Thats's a nice guitar... good score! That's the exact same type of guitar Garth Brookes plays and they are made in Japan.
Here is one selling in Dallas for $750 :http://dallas.craigslist.org/msg/544613355.html

You got yours for $400...sounds like a good deal.thumb.gif
400$ +shipping. I saw that one on Craiglist. You're right about Made in Japan and Garth Brooks. You can ad Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi to your list.

• Members

I receive the guitar yesterday and I have to say that I'm completly satisfied. I put Martin SP medium (god I love these strings) on it and play it 2 hours in line. Unpluged the sound is very balanced and loud. Not to bright, not to boomy.

Plugged in in my little PA and it shine. I own different guitars with different kind of pickup (LR Baggs, BBand, Fishman, EPM) but it's the better undersaddle sound I heard for years.

It's a keepercool.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by 0rbitz9 View Post
Sounds like you got a great deal. Is there anything unusual about the
pickup or preamp system in this guitar that makes it sound better than
the other pickups you are using?
I just think the pickup is "made" for the guitar. It sound really balanced and natural. I always have lots of problems to "retrofit" an undersaddle in a guitar. I always have a strings output problem. I solve the problem by buying a Sunrise and put it in my Norman ST40. I love the Sunrise by the way. Probably THE best acoustic pickup I ever heard. But the one in the Takamine is really good and loud and balanced too.

• Members

Congratulations on your new Tak. I think Takamine has always been ahead of the game when it comes to acoustic pickups/preamps. I play a 1990 EF350MC that I bought new that year for around $650. The next one in that music store was almost $800. It has a laminate top as well but I constantly get comments about how good that guitar sounds. When I bought mine it came with a plastic nut and saddle. If Tak is still making that same "mistake" with some of their guitars do yourself a favor and get them replaced with bone. That's the only "necessary" improvement I would recommend........although, I am seriously considering upgrading the preamp to their new CTP-1 when it becomes available for retail sale later this year.thumb.gif
Good Luck and have fun!!!

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I have 2 one mint never touched I payed $1180 and I have a super nice one for sale thats ideal to use and play because it is not mint. Never abused or fooled with just some swirls BLACK sucks for a Guitar looks but I love Black guitars. I got it so I could remove the Electronis and install them in a Martin D-18 I have. BUT when It arived it simply blows the Martin away. With or without the electronics. I have never heard a better pickup system and I have had everything possible. I had the pleasure of meeting Bruce and I asked him why with all of his money did he use the Takemine he said the pickup system is the best live and studio sytem in the world. He's right and many Nashville artists use this system. Toby Keith used the EF341c for 10 years. Calls it the best guitar he has ever had. I have yet to hear the CTP 1. But it has taken 10 years for anything out there to catch up to the sound of the 3 and 4 band 341 Systems. I would sell my spare for $750 shipped.

• Members

Congrats. I believe yours is a solid top. I have the FP360SC (made in the '90s)with a solid top, back and sides and its a great gigging/stage guitar. Very reliable and the preamp really cuts though the mix with a well balanced sound.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I collect Ibanez JEMs mostly, but I also play Takamine acoustics. Does anyone know anything about this bad boy? I am thinking of scooping it up!

Only five build--crazy small amount. (There are only 300 of the Ibanez JEMY2DNA and that is a small amount.)

idea.gif

I am new to HarmonyCentral, are we allowed to put links in these posts? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKAMINE-Tob...-/400349332048

Archived