Name this tune?

Raymond55

• Members

I can't think of a better way to do this, so here goes. Can you take 30 seconds to listen to this song clip and try to identify it? It's making me crazy that no one I've played it for locally has any idea. I'm hoping that someone here might have heard it before.

Thanks for taking the time.

EDIT: I killed the link. It was just a 30 second clip with a still picture. Below you can see what the discussion was about with a link to the real video for The Calamity Song. Enjoy!

• Members
I have no idea.
:idk:
Could be just somebody's "made up" outro.

Could be. It was played on NPR a few months ago. They use song bits between segments of their broadcast then they post a playlist for each show online. If you know that a song was played between one story and another, you can usually find the clip. In this case, it was labeled as "The Olympic Spirit [First Recording] Boston Pops Orchestra" which sounds like this. Obviously they have the wrong title for this tune, but they haven't responded to my emails so I'm guessing they don't have a record (no pun intended) of what song it is. It sounds like it's the beginning of something good.

• Members
Calamity Song by The Decemberists.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was right, it did lead to a great song. The irony is that the Decemberists evidently also did a mini concert for NPR yet no one at NPR could tell me who played this song. :confused:

It's good to finally have this answer. Thank you, again.

Archived