(Sort of) NGD

garthman

• Members

A couple of years ago my daughter's partner decided he was going to learn to play the guitar. So he bought himself one - an Indie DCE "Tree of Life".

After a couple of weeks the guitar ended up on a stand in the corner of the room and there it remained until my daughter got fed up of tripping over it. So she brought it around to sit in the corner of my room (as if I need another guitar!) so that it gets played occasionally. It's on indefinite loan apparently so ... there you go - a NGD LOL.

Indie.jpg

Now, this is not the type of guitar I would buy! Far too blingy for my tastes and I don't like the look of cutaway dreadnoughts. But . . . . I have to admit that it is a very nice guitar: well made (in Korea), excellent quality materials, very playable and a great sound. It has a 43mm width, shallow V neck (very similar to an Ovation Balladeer neck). It comes in two versions: spruce top and cedar top, both solid, with laminate rosewood back and sides, mahogany neck, rosewood bridge and fretboard. Mine is the cedar version.

More info and pics here:

http://www.indiegitar.no/products/treeoflifedce.htm

PS. If I was a gambling man I would bet money on which South Korean guitar factory it was made in wink.gif

• Members

Well Howard, in the USA there's an old saying that "possession is 9/10 th's of the law". So I figure it's your guitar now ! Pretty good deal .......wink.gif

The only living relative I have, who has an instrument, plays flute. What a bummer. Even if he left it here, I don't own a Cobra, so, it would be rather pointless.

idn_smilie.gif

Paul

• Members

Pretty cool, Garth. thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Martin View Post
I love the look of that guitar!!! Those tree-of-life fretboards make me swoon.
Ditto. There's bling, and there's bling. cool.gif

The hexagons on a D-45, and acoustics w/ pointy (Florentine) cutaways, otoh, don't do a thing for me, so basically it all comes down to what looks good to the individual.

• Members

Howard,
It is often said variety is the spice of life, so one more choice to pick up and enjoy
Could be far worse choices!

I inherited an old red A/E cutaway guitar without the bling when step daughter (who does play) said she wanted an acoustic electric to mess about with,
got her one, then she never touched it, just left it on a stand in the corner of her room, it was here when she moved out. I kept it along while, then passed it on to a young man that wanted to learn guitar, He still has it to this day.

So enjoy it as something different in your stable!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TESmith View Post
Howard,
It is often said variety is the spice of life, so one more choice to pick up and enjoy
Could be far worse choices!

I inherited an old red A/E cutaway guitar without the bling when step daughter (who does play) said she wanted an acoustic electric to mess about with,
got her one, then she never touched it, just left it on a stand in the corner of her room, it was here when she moved out. I kept it along while, then passed it on to a young man that wanted to learn guitar, He still has it to this day.

So enjoy it as something different in your stable!
Hey Tim!

Great to see back here. How are you?

Archived