Crafter TMC 035

Bad Robot

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
Thanks for your replies. I think this is pretty much a stage guitar, with accoutrements that I don't want.

dnt9771158_111023182712.jpeg

This kinda turns me off.
It's an electro-acoustic with the bonus of a XLR output option in addition to the traditional jacksocket.

It also has the bonuses of L R Baggs electronics, solid englemann spruce top, 45mm neck and a great looking slotted headstock. And all for a hard-to-beat price.

But I suppose you could always buy a Zager?

• Members

Save the sales pitch. He doesn't like the barn door. Many of us don't and it's a deal-breaker because acoustic electrics are often overbuilt and as such don't resonate as much as straight-acoustics often do. Do they have a straight-acoustic version with solid back & sides?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
Save the sales pitch. He doesn't like the barn door. Many of us don't and it's a deal-breaker because acoustic electrics are often overbuilt and as such don't resonate as much as straight-acoustics often do. Do they have a straight-acoustic version with solid back & sides?
Thank you.

Garthman, I don't find these bonuses aesthetically pleasing, or, as I am not going to be gigging with it, necessary. I am generally not one to pay for something I don't need. But, if I do buy a Pac-Rim acoustic, Crafter and Blueridge are at the top of my list. Better I just tuck that dinerii aside for the custom (non-Pac-Rim) 12'er I am expecting in the spring! thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
Nah. The preamp and jack socket gizmos in the side of the guitar do not effect the acoustic sound. I defy anyone to discern a difference between the acoustic and electro-acoustic version of the same guitar model. And how do you mean by "overbuilt"?

If the OP doesn't want an electro-acoustic he could try the TM-035 instead of the TMC-035

http://www.crafterguitars.com/galler...c/tm_035_n.php

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by garthman View Post
Nah. The preamp and jack socket gizmos in the side of the guitar do not effect the acoustic sound. I defy anyone to discern a difference between the acoustic and electro-acoustic version of the same guitar model. And how do you mean by "overbuilt"?

If the OP doesn't want an electro-acoustic he could try the TM-035 instead of the TMC-035

The TMC is the only model available to me, unfortunately.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kwakatak

View Post

Horse{censored}.

• Members
*sigh* You're right. It's not worth arguing about.

There ya go. Too bad he doesn't have access to it. He really should form his own opinion by trying it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot

View Post

. . Garthman, I don't find these bonuses aesthetically pleasing, or, as I am not going to be gigging with it, necessary. I am generally not one to pay for something I don't need. . . . . :

Sorry. When you cited the TMC-035, I assumed you were after an electro-acoustic guitar - since that is what it is.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by garthman

View Post

Sorry. When you cited the TMC-035, I assumed you were after an electro-acoustic guitar - since that is what it is.

Well, you know, I don't have an acoustic-electric, but I probably wouldn't have minded had the input been a little more discrete. I would've thought it just part of the package, and the guitar is reasonably priced, but that just looks 'wrong' to me. If the jack were just in through the strap pin, I would've been able to live with it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot

View Post

Well, you know, I don't have an acoustic-electric, but I probably wouldn't have minded had the input been a little more discrete. . . . .

Well if you want something discrete you might be better buying a straight acoustic and fitting a PU yourself - something like the K & K (or similar) is an easy fix and works OK.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by garthman

View Post

Well if you want something discrete you might be better buying a straight acoustic and fitting a PU yourself - something like the K & K (or similar) is an easy fix and works OK.

That will likely be what I'll do. It is simply a question of need. Should I start gigging again, and I am looking for local musicians as of today, then I'll have one installed in one of my guitars.

Archived