X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafter TMC 035

Anyone have one/played one of these? Looks very nice. Can get it for a decent price.

Thanks!

Naughty Cyborg.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font size="3">“Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives”</font> </font><br><br><i>John Stuart Mill.</i></div>

Check this out:

http://www.acousticguitar.com/articl...rticleid=22235
    **This space for rent. Inquire at office.**

Comment

Thanks, already checked that out. What I just discovered is the xlr input on the bottom. Makes it look kinda like a Borg guitar. Hmmmm.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="red"><font size="3">“Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives”</font> </font><br><br><i>John Stuart Mill.</i></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot
        View Post

Anyone have one/played one of these? Looks very nice. Can get it for a decent price.

Thanks!

Naughty Cyborg.

Yes, I've played one - excellent guitar: top quality materials and workmanship, plays well, sounds great.
        Howard

Comment

Never played one, but have read quite a few VERY positive reviews.

Have you seen this?

http://www.acguitar.com/video/playvi.../Crafter_AG192
          God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I think this is pretty much a stage guitar, with accoutrements that I don't want.

This kinda turns me off.

Comment

View Post

Thanks for your replies. I think this is pretty much a stage guitar, with accoutrements that I don't want.

This kinda turns me off.

It's an electro-acoustic with the bonus of a XLR output option in addition to the traditional jacksocket.

It also has the bonuses of L R Baggs electronics, solid englemann spruce top, 45mm neck and a great looking slotted headstock. And all for a hard-to-beat price.

But I suppose you could always buy a Zager?
              Howard

Comment

Save the sales pitch. He doesn't like the barn door. Many of us don't and it's a deal-breaker because acoustic electrics are often overbuilt and as such don't resonate as much as straight-acoustics often do. Do they have a straight-acoustic version with solid back & sides?
                Cornelius Clodhopper

Comment

View Post

This kinda turns me off.

What? No USB port, no Bluetooth, no GPS !!!! Leaves me kind of cold too ....

Paul

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by kwakatak
                    View Post

Save the sales pitch. He doesn't like the barn door. Many of us don't and it's a deal-breaker because acoustic electrics are often overbuilt and as such don't resonate as much as straight-acoustics often do. Do they have a straight-acoustic version with solid back & sides?

Thank you.

Garthman, I don't find these bonuses aesthetically pleasing, or, as I am not going to be gigging with it, necessary. I am generally not one to pay for something I don't need. But, if I do buy a Pac-Rim acoustic, Crafter and Blueridge are at the top of my list. Better I just tuck that dinerii aside for the custom (non-Pac-Rim) 12'er I am expecting in the spring!

Comment

View Post

Nah. The preamp and jack socket gizmos in the side of the guitar do not effect the acoustic sound. I defy anyone to discern a difference between the acoustic and electro-acoustic version of the same guitar model. And how do you mean by "overbuilt"?

If the OP doesn't want an electro-acoustic he could try the TM-035 instead of the TMC-035

http://www.crafterguitars.com/galler...c/tm_035_n.php
                      Howard

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by garthman
                        View Post

Nah. The preamp and jack socket gizmos in the side of the guitar do not effect the acoustic sound. I defy anyone to discern a difference between the acoustic and electro-acoustic version of the same guitar model. And how do you mean by "overbuilt"?

If the OP doesn't want an electro-acoustic he could try the TM-035 instead of the TMC-035

The TMC is the only model available to me, unfortunately.

Comment

View Post

Horse****************.

Comment

View Post

*sigh* You're right. It's not worth arguing about.

View Post

There ya go. Too bad he doesn't have access to it. He really should form his own opinion by trying it.
                            Cornelius Clodhopper

Comment

View Post

. . Garthman, I don't find these bonuses aesthetically pleasing, or, as I am not going to be gigging with it, necessary. I am generally not one to pay for something I don't need. . . . . :

Sorry. When you cited the TMC-035, I assumed you were after an electro-acoustic guitar - since that is what it is.
                              Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X