Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Fastest Girl In Town

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest Girl In Town

Lauren Mink & I covering a Miranda Lambert tune...thanks for watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJALuabalY8

Nicely done
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot; HAVE FUN, TRY NOT TO HURT ANYONE AND EAT PLENTY OF GREENS&quot;</div>

Comment

Nice...not one of Lambert's better songs, but y'all did it about as good as she, herself, does.
      God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Nice, Dale

But I like Lauren better than you
        Howard

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by garthman
          View Post

Nice, Dale

But I like Lauren better than you

Have you seen Dale in tight Spandex?...can't make an informed decision 'til ya do...
          God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Well done. Thanks for sharing.
            Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
            Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
            Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
            Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

i like Lauren better than i do me!!

thanks for watching

Comment

Were you actually in the video? I only seemed to notice a very attractive blonde in shimmering slacks. I'll have to look again - and again - and again....

Comment

I think you BOTH did a great job there maplebbay. That said, I like her hair-do better than yours.

Are you open to a constructive "critique"?

When you're backing up a vocalist, it's best to "highlight" her vocals with your playing. If you play constantly, and at the same volume, as she's singing, the voice and guitar compete against each other. It's best to strum lightly as she sings, and increase the impact of your strumming between her vocalizations. You'll have a much cleaner, and more dynamic mix.

Great job.
                  Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

DCS -i shouldn't be in the video!!

Bobby1Note - great advice and i've actually been very aware of since you helped out - indeed it is appreciated...thanks!

hope your season is a good one,

dale

Comment

That was cool. Loved both parts. I didn't think the guitar and vocal interfered with each other at all--but I'm going to think about this next time we gig. If anything I strum louder than this and maybe I need to back it off.

Lauren is fun to watch! Yowza. You two make a great team.

But one observation: I always stand at stage left when I play, no matter whether a duo or larger ensemble. This means my headstock isn't poking into the visual field (I too am right-handed), and it feels like I have more connection to the other performers because it's easier to pivot and face them and "embrace" them, esp. in tight spaces. I've also noticed that if a band has a R-H rhythm guitarist, he or she is almost always at stage left (on R as audience sees the band).
                      In the understory
                      I can't see the forest
                      For the branches and the leaves
                      But I believe
                      I do believe
                      by me:

www.box.com

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
                      Charlie Parker

Comment

hello Michael...sure appreciate your post and thanks for your kind feedback!

I also appreciate your insights for all of us on playing live - for me it is different from just practicing or playing at home and it helps to here your ideas...hope you have a great season and year ahead...your friend, dale.

Comment

Working...
                        X