Anybody Get Anything Good For Christmas?.....

Opa John

• Members

My wife and I haven't exchanged Christmas gifts in a long time. We usually buy ourselves whatever we want throughout the year.......so, when Christmas rolls around, we can't think of anything we'd like to get that we don't already have.

We have more fun spending money on gifts for the grandchildren. Watching their faces light up is all the "Christmas gift" we need.

I did, however, buy myself an early present back in late October when I got the Martin D-15M. Other than that, I didn't need or want anything of a musical nature. My daughter gifted me with a small bottle of my favorite bourbon over the weekend, but it's already gone! cry.gif

I'd still like to hear what some of you got for Christmas, though. Any new guitars out there?.......mandolins?.......fiddles?......ukes?. ......straps?....tuners?........strings? Tell us about it.

• Members

Had an excellent Christmas, My wife and Kids went crazy
They got me
A couple new Denim Shirts some socks and such
A couple packs Razor blades
Aftershave
A few guitar / music books
A set of digital calipers, a 6 inch scale, a decent 12 inch
combination square

Plenty of Reading material and a Movie dvd set
DSC_8262.jpg

A new Knife sharpener
DSC_8261.jpg

And a NGD as well, alway wanted a .357 revolver in my collection, Wife got me a 6 inch Stainless Smith & Wesson 686
DSC_8259.jpg

I am really pleased!

• Members

I received a pair of Optical White Low Top Chuck Taylors, a gray flannel sheet set, a black Flexfit sweat wicking baseball cap, pack of guitar picks, a titanium spork, a buttload of tools, and a few old Ronson Whirlwinds.

Oh and these:

413NtFiARRL.jpg

Anybody care to explain what the round hole is for?

9781435132139_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Two of the best books ever written.

Last but not least my loving sister bought me 2 new Rocksmith cables so my lady friend and I can play together with bass and guitar.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Opa John View Post
My wife and I haven't exchanged Christmas gifts in a long time. We usually buy ourselves whatever we want throughout the year.......so, when Christmas rolls around, we can't think of anything we'd like to get that we don't already have.

We have more fun spending money on gifts for the grandchildren. Watching their faces light up is all the "Christmas gift" we need.

I did, however, buy myself an early present back in late October when I got the Martin D-15M. Other than that, I didn't need or want anything of a musical nature. My daughter gifted me with a small bottle of my favorite bourbon over the weekend, but it's already gone! cry.gif

I'd still like to hear what some of you got for Christmas, though. Any new guitars out there?.......mandolins?.......fiddles?......ukes?. ......straps?....tuners?........strings? Tell us about it.
You and your wife don't exchange gifts? Unreal. I approached my wife a week ago about not buying each other gifts and just focusing on the kids. I figure I'd had a good year since I went behind her back and bought woods for my guitar builds, a couple of small flat screen TVs to replace the failing CRTs in our house and an XBOX with a couple of games to channel my rage. She actually seemed grateful but a week before Xmas she told me that she was done shopping for me. I was flabbergasted and scrambled to buy some stuff to put in her stocking. In fact, I was so late buying a present online that it missed the holiday.

Xmas morning was good for the kids. Legos, Play-Doh, K'Nex, a little drum set, etc. but I had the nagging feeling that when mom and dad exchanged gifts it woud go over like a lead balloon. Sure enough, she'd spent a couple hundred $$$ on me (I got a Ryobi cordless drill/impact driver set, a screwdriver set, a couple sweaters and some boxers) but when I just handed her the stocking I could see the disappointment. She got a good sulk on and sent me upstairs to clean my half of the bedroom.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kwakatak

View Post

You and your wife don't exchange gifts? Unreal. I approached my wife a week ago about not buying each other gifts and just focusing on the kids. I figure I'd had a good year since I went behind her back and bought woods for my guitar builds, a couple of small flat screen TVs to replace the failing CRTs in our house and an XBOX with a couple of games to channel my rage. She actually seemed grateful but a week before Xmas she told me that she was done shopping for me. I was flabbergasted and scrambled to buy some stuff to put in her stocking. In fact, I was so late buying a present online that it missed the holiday.

My wife and I are closing on a house this week, so we hardly got each other anything. I got her a book she saw at Costco and said she wanted, she got me an alarm clock that projects onto the ceiling.

• Members

Well, I awoke Christmas morning to a dead backup drive on my iMac, so the day started off poorly. Spent half the day getting my files backed up to other computers as temporary protection. Couldn't order a replacement until this morning, but it should be here in 48 hours.

We don't "do" Christmas usually, but I did get a Tascam Dro7 mkII recorder back on Black Friday for Christmas, so I'm happy.

icon_lol.gif

Paul

• Members

The consumerism and gift-giving angle of Christmas can be quite a bummer. How the heck can a man really know what a woman would truly want? Although, since I don't have anyone right now, I guess I'd trade the stress of trying to figure that out over being alone!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kwakatak

View Post

You and your wife don't exchange gifts? Unreal. I approached my wife a week ago about not buying each other gifts and just focusing on the kids. She actually seemed grateful but a week before Xmas she told me that she was done shopping for me. I was flabbergasted and scrambled to buy some stuff to put in her stocking.

Archived