Holy sh*t. Ukulele wizardry--this made my day. Or night, I guess.

Michael Martin

• Members

OMG Jake is astounding! I saw him live in Lebanon, IL last month. 5th row in a small 500-seat college auditorium (McKendree University). A great show. He can do more with four strings than I'll ever do with 100. LOL. And he's very friendly and personable. You should check this out:

• Members

That second vid, the "weeps" one, was really what got me interested in the uke. I always thought it was a toy until I saw him play that. One of the best right hands I've seen. James Hill is another, and Azo Bell is yet another lots of folks don't hear about.

• Members

The one thing about Kalei is that he doesn't really like all the attention that non-Hawaiians seem to give ukulele. His father manages him and I have asked to interview him in Ukulele Player Magazine and he is one of a few core Hawaiian performers that are not interested. He is relatively unknown outside the Hawaiian music scene because of it. A lot of the European ukulele audience has no patience for that attitude... they could care less. It's a shame. The guy is one of the best and he could become an international star.

Archived