Newbe with a Yamaha FGX700SC

Klorack

• Members

First off thanks for having me. I am new to the forum as well as new to learning to play the guitar. I had been researching acoustic guitars and settled on the Yamaha FG700S first and then after seeing the FGX700SC in the store I made my decision to go with this model. I found it easy to play and liked the idea of the electric option. This model is fairly new to the market so there where very little reviews found but most where helpful. I am writing this post and sorry if it is long winded but I am looking to someone that has this model that has more guitar experiences then my self for there input.

Thanks for any responses.

• Members

Congratulations Klorack and welcome to the forum.

Yamahas get a lot of love around here and even though I've never played the model you bought, I do own an FG730S that I think a lot of. I'm sure your FGS700SC is a fine example of a great guitar to learn on. When it comes to money spent vs. product quality, Yamaha is damned near impossible to beat. It's not only a good "first" guitar, it's a guitar you can proudly play for a lifetime. It would be nice if you could show us some pictures.

We pass out pictures of goats when other people show us pictures of their guitars. It's a long story........don't ask.

• Members

Rocksmith IS a lot of fun.
It's fairly electric by the nature of it and the selection of songs is not what I like to hear or play, but the concept itself is good. Hope they will add on some Beatles, Stones ... whatever from when music was still good.
And the Yammies are good guitars. Even though I have Martins and a handful of custom built acoustics, I still enjoy my FG730S. It is hard to beat in terms of bang for the buck.
So, welcome to our mad zoo and enjoy your fine guitar.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Hi. I'm new to the forum, I have a yamaha fg340, its pretty old, and I want a new guitar, so I heard the fg700s and really thought it was good, but how is the fgx700sc compare to the fg700, I wanted something that could be amplified. Thanks guys.

• Members

Hi, 19joshua94, and welcome to the Forum. Yamahas are well thought of but many of us who play plugged in acoustics prefer to install an after market pickup such as the JJB Prestige 330: http://jjb-electronics.com/prestige-330.html. If you truly want a guitar with built-in electronics, a used pro-level Takamine is a good bet. Oh, and going forward you'll get more attention by starting your own thread than resurrecting a 2 1/2 year old zombie thread.

• Members
Hi. I'm new to the forum' date=' I have a yamaha fg340, its pretty old, and I want a new guitar, so I heard the fg700s and really thought it was good, but how is the fgx700sc compare to the fg700, I wanted something that could be amplified. Thanks guys.[/quote']

Takamine and Yamaha electronics are among the best. Takamine has pretty much dominated the country music stage for years. Yamaha isn't as notable at the pro level but I'd call it comparable to the Takamine line-up. Both are company-designed systems. I think the next best consists of after-market Fishman and Baggs systems, if you're interested in retro-fitting a system to your current guitar. There are many after-market systems out there but if I had to bet on any system at all, Takamine and Yamaha factory installs will probably never let you down.

• Members

Good choice, have fun, remember you are not in competition with anyone. I do want to caution you however. You may just catch a bit of virus known as GAS (guitar acquisition syndrome). A few jaw drops at some of the guitars Freeman Keller and others somehow assemble... well, I warned you.

Archived