No announcement yet.

Newbe with a Yamaha FGX700SC

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbe with a Yamaha FGX700SC

First off thanks for having me. I am new to the forum as well as new to learning to play the guitar. I had been researching acoustic guitars and settled on the Yamaha FG700S first and then after seeing the FGX700SC in the store I made my decision to go with this model. I found it easy to play and liked the idea of the electric option. This model is fairly new to the market so there where very little reviews found but most where helpful. I am writing this post and sorry if it is long winded but I am looking to someone that has this model that has more guitar experiences then my self for there input.

Thanks for any responses.

Congratulations Klorack and welcome to the forum.

Yamahas get a lot of love around here and even though I've never played the model you bought, I do own an FG730S that I think a lot of. I'm sure your FGS700SC is a fine example of a great guitar to learn on. When it comes to money spent vs. product quality, Yamaha is damned near impossible to beat. It's not only a good "first" guitar, it's a guitar you can proudly play for a lifetime. It would be nice if you could show us some pictures.

We pass out pictures of goats when other people show us pictures of their guitars. It's a long story........don't ask.
    Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

Here are some quick pics at your request. Sorry for the poor quality.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new guitar and on stepping into the fascinating world of guitars.

What method are you using to learn how to play?
        Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

As of now starting with Gibson

Comment

Rocksmith IS a lot of fun.

It's fairly electric by the nature of it and the selection of songs is not what I like to hear or play, but the concept itself is good. Hope they will add on some Beatles, Stones ... whatever from when music was still good.

And the Yammies are good guitars. Even though I have Martins and a handful of custom built acoustics, I still enjoy my FG730S. It is hard to beat in terms of bang for the buck.

So, welcome to our mad zoo and enjoy your fine guitar.

Comment

Happy New Guitar Day!!

Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

Hello & Welcome

Howard

Comment

Thank you all for a nice welcome and support!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Klorack
                    View Post

As of now starting with Gibson
                    Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

Welcome. Nice looking guitar ... I think Yamaha makes some nice looking and good playing guitars at a very good price, the FGX is a good example!
                      -SteveWell, of course I bought guitars that are better than I am! I need something to grow into, right?

Comment

Nice guitar. I have always liked those. Congrats.
                        If you find your self alone riding in green fields with the sun in your face... do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium. And you are already dead! Brothers... what we do in life... echoes in eternity! (Gladiator)

Comment

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Yamahas are well regarded hereabouts. Hard to go wrong with one.
                          Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                          Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                          Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                          Member of the Schecter Society
                          Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Klorack
                            View Post

Here are some quick pics at your request. Sorry for the poor quality.

Hammer that thing, hard!
                            I'm just sayin'

Wanna read the finest freedom fantasy of all time? --> http://www.abelard.org/e-f-russell.php

Comment

Happy NGD !!!

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X