New Year's Resolutions. Let's Hear 'em.

Opa John

• Members

Here's mine.

1. I resolve to spend more time playing guitar and less time talking about it on the Internet forums!

2. I resolve to write more originals this year than in years past.

3. I resolve that before the end of 2013 I will own a Martin D-28 one way or another. I've been putting it off for way too long. When it happens, I'll more than likely be selling off one, or maybe two, of my other guitars. I figure I might as well let 'em go because I know I won't be playing them after I get the D-28.

What are yours?

• Members

1) Sell off the guitars I don't want (around 6 or 7), and get 1 or 2 really good 'uns;

2) NO CHEAP CHINESE GUITARS;

3) Now that my home studio is complete (received a lava lamp for Christmas!), do more recording;

4) Be thankful and mindful for all the blessings we have;

5) Play more guitar; write some tunez;

6) Drop a few pounds. Start Tai-Chi.

• Members

Regarding my musical life, be it resolved that during Anno Domini MMXIII I will:

1. Get my home studio set up so everything is easily accessible and it becomes much more conducive to playing and recording either alone or with other singers/musicians (been working in a messy half-baked hodge-podgy tangled-up-wires arrangement in a room that's also a closet)

2. Develop soloing skillz to the point where I play solos in band gigs and on recordings (right now already focused on learning the various pentatonic modes)

3. Keep up the pace of writing originals (at least one per three weeks) and focus on pieces that are band-worthy with multiple vocal parts (now that we have 3 singers)

4. Learn at least one new cover per three weeks that is band-worthy (I have several that have been suggested by new band-mates)

5. Encourage my mando player to write more songs and help him develop them for band performance

• Members

1) Sell at least 6 or 7 of my Guitars, most namely the Yamaha FG730, Guild GAD-25, Rodriguez Caballero C10, Gretsch 3713, Fender CD140/12, Ovation TX550 Baritone, HBJC503CEQ

2) Replace them with 3 Binhs

3) Play more

4) Practice more

5) Give up smoking

6) Fall in love again

• Members

I don't do resolutions, but I do set goals. Here's my music-oriented ones:

1) End the year with fewer guitars than I start it with.

2) Write and record at least one original song.

3) Play more music with others.

4) Spend less time online reading about & shopping for guitars & music stuff.

5) Spend more time practicing and learning so I can play better.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FretFiend.

View Post

Don't let the door bump your ass on the way out. smile.gif

Oh, I've already found one, thanks. It isn't filled with NGunDs with pictures of guns received on the birthday of the 'Prince of Peace.' You'd think that the cognitive dissonance would cause someone to twitch a little, but, I guess not. I find you, FF, repulsive in your love of instruments of death. You, and a few others, however, see nothing wrong with splashing such instruments of destruction all over the pages of a guitar forum. Now, aren't you late for your tea party?

Quote Originally Posted by Opa John

View Post

Good luck with that. Hope you find one real soon.

Herr Opa,

I think anyone who voted for Romney is either a complete dunce, a racist, or both. Which are you?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet

View Post

I don't do resolutions, but I do set goals. Here's my music-oriented ones:

I have the same policy, so I've been working on:

Finish up the band's second album, make it better than last year's (which was just nominated for several local awards redface.gif).

Get my fiddling up to a level that I can keep up in a casual jam.

Add some interest to my piano playing (getting away from "rhythm piano").

Book a few more summer festivals than last year.

And possibly get a drum kit and get those chops back.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot

View Post

Herr Opa, I think anyone who voted for Romney is either a complete dunce, a racist, or both. Which are you?

In the first place, you're wrong on both counts. In the second place, I couldn't care less what you think, so STFU noob!

• Members

Well, I think I pretty much pleased those who I tried to please this year, and pissed off those who I enjoy pissing off, with equal aplomb. That, and getting back into gear with my guitar playing, sums the year up nicely. So, since I have a good rhythm going right now, I see no need to make any resolutions I'm simply going to ignore. Think I'll just continue messing around like I have been .....

icon_lol.gif

Paul

Archived