Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Year's Resolutions. Let's Hear 'em.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Resolutions. Let's Hear 'em.

Here's mine.

1. I resolve to spend more time playing guitar and less time talking about it on the Internet forums!

2. I resolve to write more originals this year than in years past.

3. I resolve that before the end of 2013 I will own a Martin D-28 one way or another. I've been putting it off for way too long. When it happens, I'll more than likely be selling off one, or maybe two, of my other guitars. I figure I might as well let 'em go because I know I won't be playing them after I get the D-28.

What are yours?
    Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Good resolutions
    God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

1) Sell off the guitars I don't want (around 6 or 7), and get 1 or 2 really good 'uns;

2) NO CHEAP CHINESE GUITARS;

3) Now that my home studio is complete (received a lava lamp for Christmas!), do more recording;

4) Be thankful and mindful for all the blessings we have;

5) Play more guitar; write some tunez;

6) Drop a few pounds. Start Tai-Chi.
      “Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives” John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Regarding my musical life, be it resolved that during Anno Domini MMXIII I will:

1. Get my home studio set up so everything is easily accessible and it becomes much more conducive to playing and recording either alone or with other singers/musicians (been working in a messy half-baked hodge-podgy tangled-up-wires arrangement in a room that's also a closet)

2. Develop soloing skillz to the point where I play solos in band gigs and on recordings (right now already focused on learning the various pentatonic modes)

3. Keep up the pace of writing originals (at least one per three weeks) and focus on pieces that are band-worthy with multiple vocal parts (now that we have 3 singers)

4. Learn at least one new cover per three weeks that is band-worthy (I have several that have been suggested by new band-mates)

5. Encourage my mando player to write more songs and help him develop them for band performance
        In the understory
        I can't see the forest
        For the branches and the leaves
        But I believe
        I do believe
        by me:

www.box.com

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."
        Charlie Parker

Comment

Lose 10 pounds

Stop Smoking (cigarettes, not the pipe)

Commission John Osthoff to build a Baritone 12-string.

Complete our move to New Zealand.
          Jack1969 Martin D12-20 12-string1984 Martin HD-28

Comment

1) Sell at least 6 or 7 of my Guitars, most namely the Yamaha FG730, Guild GAD-25, Rodriguez Caballero C10, Gretsch 3713, Fender CD140/12, Ovation TX550 Baritone, HBJC503CEQ

2) Replace them with 3 Binhs

3) Play more

4) Practice more

5) Give up smoking

6) Fall in love again

Comment

I've held pretty true to last year's reso : write & produce & publish one new "tune" every month . . .

2013 assignments are

1. show more compassion; not less

2. take my new puppy for a walk every day - no matter what the weather

3. more guitar practice & more bass guitar practice

peace
              an expert on what it feels like to be me
              & you are who you google
              http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by katopp
                View Post

...Give up smoking...

Again!?!
                __________________________________________________ _________
                Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society.

Comment

1.) Eat much less cheap fast food (hard to avoid in my line of work).

2.) Raise my closing rate to at least 40%.

3.) Get rock house to first stage of completion.

4.) Exercise more, and try to get back on a local wrestling circuit for fun.
                  Hello, I am KuJoZilla, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Merry Melodies

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by FretFiend.
                    View Post

Again!?!

Coincides with #6.

Breakup, stress, frustration -> cigarettes....

Comment

Oh, I forgot one;

Find other guitar forums without American gun fetishists.
                      “Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives” John Stuart Mill.

Comment

be in the same continent with my girlfriend longer than 2 weeks

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot
                          View Post

Oh, I forgot one;

Don't let the door bump your ass on the way out.
                          __________________________________________________ _________
                          Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot
                            View Post

Oh, I forgot one;

Good luck with that. Hope you find one real soon.
                            Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

I don't do resolutions, but I do set goals. Here's my music-oriented ones:

1) End the year with fewer guitars than I start it with.

2) Write and record at least one original song.

3) Play more music with others.

4) Spend less time online reading about & shopping for guitars & music stuff.

5) Spend more time practicing and learning so I can play better.
                              -SteveWell, of course I bought guitars that are better than I am! I need something to grow into, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X