Anyone here got an Eastman acoustic?

bluesfella

• Members

I think of Eastman as a big brand. At least as far as bench-made guitars go. I've got an archtop guitar and an F-style mandolin. The mando is kinda rough looking, but the guitar is sweet beyond belief. Both came with fairly decent action.

• Members

yeah, can only talk about the 'E' series, played them back in '10 when trying Eastman archtops, I said to the assistant - "If I lost my guitars tomorrow I'd replace them with an E-OM20, if ya cant 'cut it' on these - ya cant cut it"
excellent guitars - materials, feel, sound and price.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
I think of Eastman as a big brand. At least as far as bench-made guitars go. I've got an archtop guitar and an F-style mandolin. The mando is kinda rough looking, but the guitar is sweet beyond belief. Both came with fairly decent action.
Did you get one of the Grisman models? I'm lusting after either a 514 or a 614...not sure which until I find one to test drive. smile.gif

MD614.pngMD514.png

Wonder if I can order one w/ a natural top?

• Members

I've got a sunburst MD 615. It's No. 137, made in '05. I think they've gotten better since then, but then again, I've seen some um... rugged looking workmanship from them pretty much every year. As I've said before, that kind of inconsistency isn't unexpected out of a high-output bench shop. And you see the same thing in the early 20th century Gibsons they're trying to copy.

It seems like I've seen a clear top from Eastman... Wish mine were the classic. I love that finish.

Archived