Martin 000 MMV

LeonardScaper

• Members

It was time for me to get a new guitar, what with the new day job and all. Been playing for over 45 years and have never had a new guitar.

So in the last two days I went to two Guitar Centers and the local music store and played everything in the $1500 to $5000 range......eveything. In fact, I played this 000 MMV immediately after putting down a $5,000 D28 Madagascar.

I was floored by the tight low end and the liveliness of the mid to upper range. I had to buy it.....it just felt so good in my hands. $1500.00cool.gif

Now I'm trying to find out more about it. Seems like these guitars were made as a limited edition just for Guitar Center. Anybody know more?

wave.gif

• Members

Well Dang, Leonard. I'd say you were due for a new guitar if you've been playing for 45 years and never had a brand new one before.

I've played the MMV Dreadnought version and I happen to believe it's one of Martin's biggest bangs for the buck guitar. It's kind of a bare bones version of a D-28 with a mortise and tenon neck joint instead of dove tail. Nevertheless, a damned fine guitar in its own right at a very affordable price. I've come so close to buying one on several different occasions it ain't funny. It also comes in an HD-MMV version that sports herring bone trim. Yes, it costs more.....about $150 more. Worth it?........idn_smilie.gif

They call it the MMV because it first came out in 2005...MMV = Roman numeral 2005.

I've read a couple of rumors lately that the MMV won't be in production much longer. Also read a rumor that Guitar Center put out a recent flyer offering the MMV for $1399.00. Don't know if there's any truth to either.....like I said......it's a rumor.

Congratulations on your purchase of one very nice guitar. Play it in good health. thumb.gif

• Members

Thanks, friends.wave.gif

Up early here on the first day of the new year and went for a nice long run in the first light. Since then I've been here in the studio playing this guitar....fingers are actually getting a little sore and that hasn't happened for years.cool.gif

Need to wear out those phosphor bronze strings he put on so I can slap a set of 80/20 bronze on this afternoon and wind 'em down properly.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by valentsgrif View Post
I can't get confirmation from anyone whether it is short scale or 25 1/2".
Do you have a tape measure?
24.75" from the start of the fretboard to the tip of the headstock. Of course the accuracy of that measurement could be questioned.....my fingers are freakin' numb from playing this thing all day.cool.gif

EDIT idea.gif......which is, of course, 24.9" from the soundhole. I knew that. Really. facepalm.gif

Archived