Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recording King RD-06

Recording King RD-06 Acoustic Steel Guitar, Dreadnought, solid Sitka Spruce thomann Top, X-Bracing, Back & Sides Mahogany, Mahogany Neck, C-Profile, Rosewood Fretboard, 20 Frets, Scale 645mm, nut width 43 mm, Bone Nut, Tortoise Shell Body Binding, Finish Natural Nitrocellulose

I have the RK RO-07. A very similar guitar in the line as far as price. Mine is a smaller folk sized body(hence the "O") and the back and sides are rosewood laminated instead of mahogany and its a slightly shorter scale(neck length). The RD06 is a bigger dreadnaught body. Otherwise construction quality & materials are about the same. Its a very well built along classic Martin lines sounds good and plays great.

The Loar Guitar is by the same Brand, Recording King built along trad Gibson lines instead of MArtin. Id like to try one.

The Wasburns, Im going on the few I've strummed in shops and hearsey, basically.

Comment

Do not get a falcon, they're not awful guitars for the price (I think my wife got her for around
      I'm Me.Guild GAD M120E2006 50s Classic series MIM Fender Stratocaster 2 tone sunburst.2004 Epi LP Standard in Trans Blue With Tonerider Alnico 297 Epi LP Junior Red with pots, caps and the magnets in the pickup repleaced.Vox pathfinder 15RVox VT 15

Comment

I think craigslist is like gumtree.

"And also, are the strings solely responsible for the sound? If so, why is the guitar so credited with the sound? It is because they come with their own strings or something? Thanks again."

I'm not sure what you by this, but here's my explanation anyway in an acoustic guitar the strings vibrate the top and the guitar body "amplifies" the sound. They have more of an affect than on electrics because of the increased need for vibrations throughout the body of the guitar. thicker strings will cause more tension on the guitar,pressing down on the bridge more sometimes in a good way.

someone else will have a better explanaition than me thnough.
        I'm Me.Guild GAD M120E2006 50s Classic series MIM Fender Stratocaster 2 tone sunburst.2004 Epi LP Standard in Trans Blue With Tonerider Alnico 297 Epi LP Junior Red with pots, caps and the magnets in the pickup repleaced.Vox pathfinder 15RVox VT 15

Comment

In browsing the internet, I lean towards gak.co.uk, not so much for buying to have a look of general range and prices (I have bought from them years ago and it was agood'un), maybe dawsons website again to browse the range on the internet.

But as other have said go visiting and play in actual shops. maybe visit Cash Converters/Generator. mainly rubbish there but sometime have gem in. 2nd hand has the benefits of getting more for your money and any teething problems with new acoustics have settled.

(last one for now, promise)

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Originally Posted by plasticscouse
              Do not get a falcon, they're not awful guitars for the price (I think my wife got her for around

Comment

Comment

Doesn't look like anything I would want to buy. Save up and get something better namely the Yamaha FG700 ...
                  "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

Comment

Oh, right. I'd prefer a new guitar, you know, coming with the tuner and all, but I'll check it out.

In that case you should prob just get that Yamaha you had picked out earlier and call it a day. Yamaha is a well established brand with a long history of putting out very playable starter guitars that hold up well. If I remember correctly, it had no built in pickups or tuner, which is good. Because (1)its not a question of if, but when, one or both die on you and you find out that it will cost more to fix or replace them than you paid for the guitar and (2) Most built in pickup systems on cheap guitars sound like crap.

So, if the strings are responsible for the sound, how comes the guitar is always credited with the sound? Do the guitars come with their own strings? And how does the wood of the guitar influence the sound if it comes from the strings, as they're supposed to sound better with age despite the changing of the strings? Confusing... sorry to shower you with questions!

A guitar wont make a sound without the vibrating string. Strings wear out, or "go dead" from finger gunk and rust and the metal in them fatigues after a while. Look at strings like putting gas in your car. If you play an hr a day and wipe em off good afterwards they may last you 6 months, or they may last 1 month if you have acidic sweat, or you may break one. Gotta have em, so its a given they are important. The string isn't gonna make any sound until is coupled with something. So of course a better sounding guitar will make a better sound.

Could you give me another example of music theory? Or is music theory really just the study of music, e.g knowing what riffs and keyboard effects are?

Music theory teaches you why and what notes sound good played together to make chords. Why and what chords sound good one after the other. What group of notes are these chords constructed from, and why and what other notes will sound good played along with them. How to listen to a piece of music and break it down. What is its rhythm? What are the notes and what order are they in? Stuff like that. For example (forget the instrument, just say you have an instrument that can play any note or combination of notes) can you tell me what notes are available to you to make a C major chord, and what other notes sound good with that chord? How many other chords can you make with those notes? If I tell you this song goes form the One to the Five and to the Six Minor in the chorus, would you just drool at me or go "cool man kick it off and I'm there"?

Can someone be so kind enough to go through pages 1 and 2 of this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?gf...guitars&oa=pra

I'll be glad to take a look and give you my opinion, but I don't know a lot about stuff available in the UK that we don't see over here.

edit: when I click the link I get thoman's main page, so I'm kinda lost on what you are looking at.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ashir
                        View Post

I would, but the nearest time where I get more would be the birthday after the one that's coming up in 24 days, and there's no way I'm going to wait a year. Only my mum works, and we're a family of 4, so she's struggling to pay the bills, never mind affording luxuries. My only hope depends on my relatives, if they decide to give some for my birthday; some times they do, some times they don't, but most times, it's the latter. So hopes are small.

Kind of shame, you're 2/3 of the way to a very decent guitar.
                        "Plunk your Magic Twanger, Froggy". Andy Devine

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dang this site is running crappy. I found you pages and made a big post and lost it.

Theres a couple of Ibanezs a Cort, and a few Fender Squiers a little less than that Yamaha that would be ok I assume.

Its a crapshoot really. Spec wise on paper there aint a dimes worth of diff in any of em this price range.

I still recc the Yamaha, just from personal experience with the brand, but get an electronic tuner. Use the shipping box for a case.

They all come with their very own set of strings and are guaranteed to be a guitar.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X