Merry Christmas, finally!

bassred

• Members

My wife got me a new guitar for Christmas (that was on back-order) and I just got it today!

702697_10200334318989925_818289763_n.jpg
565420_10200334319229931_632181117_n.jpg

It's a round-neck resonator - the neck is fairly wide, so it's quite a departure for me (an will take some getting used to) but it means that picking patterns super easy to pluck out on the right hand side of things!

There is a pickup (Fishman Nashville pickup) that does not require a battery, which will be nice (I may need something to match the output of my other acoustic instruments.).

• Members

Welcome to the wonderful world of guitars with a hub cap in the middle of them. My local music store is carrying the new Gretsch resos but I haven't had a chance to test drive them yet. You've got to love the campy mother of toilet seat head stock.

Would love to hear some clips when you get a chance and your impressions as you get to know it.

• Members

Congrats! I don't know why your second pic isn't loading, but I did a little googling and they look nice. Is yours a woodie, or all metallic? I've got one of the former and two of the latter. My next will be another wood body (IF it isn't steel). =-D

Be careful, they can be addictive!

Archived