Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martin 000X1 or 000-15?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having owned a 000x1, I definitely love it for the bang/buck ratio, but still wish it had *real* wood on the back and sides.
    Great beater guitar though and sounds great with the L.R. Baggs UST pickup I had installed.
    H(hopefully)NGD!
    Good Deals: Killing Nevada, navyjones, Jwando, Small Stone, Cake Bakist, futuresailors, 23cicero, somestarrynight, richey888, jimosity, stratedge09, Raintes, JMP2203, Attuma, Floodstage

Originally Posted by Naterel

Pain is your bodies way of telling you not to cross daddy

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

yup, part of growing up is abandoning any hopes and dreams and giving up on anything that you feel passionate about or makes you happy.

then comes years of waiting for sweet death.

Comment

Hi everyone

Sorry for such a late response, but I felt like I owed you guys an update. I got the guitar, and immediately took it to the shop later on the same day to give it a setup. I just got it back yesterday and needless to say, it's amazing.

It is a 2003 model, and as you can see, it has one of those glossy marks due to the previous owner playing it so much haha (you can see it on the bottom left of the guitar in the picture). I think it's a mahogany model, but I'm not 100% sure on that (if you have an opinion on the matter, I'd love to hear it). The sound is actually brighter than I expected when I play with a pick, but I'm assuming that's because the strings are literally only a couple of days old. I can't wait until the sound mellows out a bit.

Thanks for the help everyone

Comment

Looks like the former owner loved it, and I'm sure you will too. I like seeing that shiny arm rest patch on a satin guitar - means it was played and appreciated.
        My stuff:

Acoustics:
        Takamine GS330S
        Yamaha FG260
        Yamaha G60A
        Sigma SM-3
        Cheerfully cute and cheap Mexican Requinto (made in Paracho) that I keep at the office currently

The DarkSide:
        Fender Standard Stratocaster in Sunburst

I bought a Hohner Special 20

The only people who care about what you play are other guitar players. Everyone else just wants to hear music.
        -- Brewski

Comment

Congratulations. Happy New Martin Day.
          Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
          Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
          Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
          Member of the Schecter Society
          Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

"..I think it's a mahogany model, but I'm not 100% sure on that (if you have an opinion on the matter, I'd love to hear it)..."

It is. Martin didn't spec "Sapele or Genuine Mahogany" until after 2003. My 2002 000-15 looks quite similar. Doesn't the label inside the sound hole say "Mahogany ToP?''

Bud
            Keep On Pickin'

Comment

It is. Martin didn't spec "Sapele or Genuine Mahogany" until after 2003. My 2002 000-15 looks quite similar. Doesn't the label inside the sound hole say "Mahogany ToP?''

Bud

Yeah I know that some 000-15 say mahagony top on the label, but mine doesn't. In the soundhole, the label says 000-15, 14 Fret, Auditorium.

Comment

HAD A MARTIN CUTAWAY WITH THE "FORMICA" BACK AND SIDES FOR A WHILE - SHIFTED IT BECAUSE THE NECK WAS TOO NARROW FOR MY PUDGY LITTLE FINGERS - I COULDN'T PLAY CLEAN. IT WAS A GOOD GUITAR WITH PLENTY OF BASS RESPONSE &  TREBLE SHIMMER BUT I FOUND THAT WHEN I PLUGGED IT IN, THE FISHMAN 4 PICKUP 'PICKED UP' ALL THE PLASTIC - IF YOU GO WITH THE 000X1 YOU WILL NEED TO MIC THE GUITAR OR PERHAPS USE A QUALITY SOUNDHOLE PICKUP TO AVOID THIS - A PEIZO PICKUP WILL LAND YOU IN HELL....

Comment

Working...
                X