Advice Sought

poppytater

• Members

Dear Acoustic Abbys,
My best friend Tom is the main audience for my guitar playing. He's kinda quiet, doesn't say much but always seemed to enjoy it. Lately though, every time I strum a chord, he protests loudly and walks away. This sudden reversal has left me hurt and puzzled, wondering if I'm getting worse as I go along.I've tried to sound him out about it but he just changes the subject. Should I give up playing when he's around or continue to try to get him to open up?
Puzzled Picker

• Members

I've had that happen to me a few times. I pretty much suspect the culprit was Am. Never got that reaction from an open D, Em, or even a C.

Then again, a friend who gets upset at a Asus2 is to be expected, unless it is quickly followed by an Em. Many a friendship has been ruined by the indiscriminate choice of chords.

freak.gif

Paul

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by EdBega View Post
Wow he's just a little guy, at his size I'd be more concerned about a rabbit catching him.

Could explain his odd behavior though that or your playing just sucks ...
Don't let his size fool ya, he rules the neighborhood. My playing always sucked, his ear may be getting more refined.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by poppytater

View Post

Don't let his size fool ya, he rules the neighborhood. My playing always sucked, his ear may be getting more refined.

This is true. It ain't the size of the weapon, it's the fury of the attack!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived