Stupid painters stole about 100 red spruce tops I had in storage............

guitarcapo

• Members

I build acoustic guitars and had all these red spruce tops in storage in my mother's garage. She hired these guys to paint the house and they helped themselves to all these bookmatched sets. They said they thought it was "scrap wood" and were going to use it for a barbecue. They said they'll bring it back. They also took about 40 pearl inlaid ebony boards. Scrap wood my ass.

I'll bet the {censored}s all dented and beat up when I get it back. Who takes stuff from a job site like that without asking?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. I called the foreman and he called the idiots who work for him and they said they thought it was just "scrap wood"...Threw it in the back of their truck and left. But it wasn't all spruce sets. They also took a bunch of pearl inlaid ebony. No way that stuff looked like "scrap" They were thieves that figured they'd have an excuse if it was found missing.

• Members

Yep. I called the foreman and he called the idiots who work for him and they said they thought it was just "scrap wood"...Threw it in the back of their truck and left. But it wasn't all spruce sets. They also took a bunch of pearl inlaid ebony. No way that stuff looked like "scrap" They were thieves that figured they'd have an excuse if it was found missing.

• Members

Sorry to hear this happend to you,

I would find out if they where bonded and insured! If so put a claim in with the forman and look for damages to be paid for. If at all I would report this to the authorities and the better business bureau. Stand up for your rights as a consumer.

• Members

Sorry to hear this happend to you,

I would find out if they where bonded and insured! If so put a claim in with the forman and look for damages to be paid for. If at all I would report this to the authorities and the better business bureau. Stand up for your rights as a consumer.

• Members

+1 on that.
Thinned tops do not look like firewood nor do they burn long enough. Same with the ebony.
That's an attempt to steal stuff from an old lady. They may have thought that that was some stash left by the old man long dead or something...
Get it back, count&check and demand compensation...

• Members

+1 on that.
Thinned tops do not look like firewood nor do they burn long enough. Same with the ebony.
That's an attempt to steal stuff from an old lady. They may have thought that that was some stash left by the old man long dead or something...
Get it back, count&check and demand compensation...

• Members

He says they thought it was scrap wood and will return it. I'm giving them a few days. I hope they didn't damage any of it. Thin soft plates of red spruce I've been saving for years. BTW you should never barbecue with softwoods. The resin is like pine tar on your food.

I can maybe understand mistaking tops for scrap wood if you are uneducated....but tree of life inlaied fingerboards?

I think they thought no one wanted them and they wouldn't be missed.

I'm going to give them a few days before going to the police.

• Members

He says they thought it was scrap wood and will return it. I'm giving them a few days. I hope they didn't damage any of it. Thin soft plates of red spruce I've been saving for years. BTW you should never barbecue with softwoods. The resin is like pine tar on your food.

I can maybe understand mistaking tops for scrap wood if you are uneducated....but tree of life inlaied fingerboards?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarcapo View Post

I would go to the police even when they do return them. In fact I would go to the police right now.

If you or no one else in your household were informed that they took that stuff, newsflash, that's theft. Even IF it were crummy scrap wood, it's still your property.

I would call the police, if only to teach them a lesson. You can't take whatever the hell you want.

I don't know if you got angry over it, but I would be fuming if I were in your position. I would demand they bring them back immediately or else press charges. "I thought it was scrap wood" is no excuse.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarcapo View Post

I would go to the police even when they do return them. In fact I would go to the police right now.

If you or no one else in your household were informed that they took that stuff, newsflash, that's theft. Even IF it were crummy scrap wood, it's still your property.

I would call the police, if only to teach them a lesson. You can't take whatever the hell you want.

I don't know if you got angry over it, but I would be fuming if I were in your position. I would demand they bring them back immediately or else press charges. "I thought it was scrap wood" is no excuse.

Archived