Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid painters stole about 100 red spruce tops I had in storage............

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was the spruce stacked and stickered? If so there's no way they thought it was scrap as you say. I'd file a police report if there's anything missing and if anything's damaged call the BBB on their asses.
    Gear:
    2013 Official Luthier's Forum Medium Jumbo (Western red cedar/mahogany)
    2012 McKnight McUke (soprano ukulele, redwood/mahogany)
    2010 Martin D-16GT
    2006 Larrivee OM-03R
    1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (natural ash finish)
    1989 Kramer Stryker
    197? Epiphone Texan FT-160N

Comment

Was the spruce stacked and stickered? If so there's no way they thought it was scrap as you say. I'd file a police report if there's anything missing and if anything's damaged call the BBB on their asses.
      Gear:
      2013 Official Luthier's Forum Medium Jumbo (Western red cedar/mahogany)
      2012 McKnight McUke (soprano ukulele, redwood/mahogany)
      2010 Martin D-16GT
      2006 Larrivee OM-03R
      1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (natural ash finish)
      1989 Kramer Stryker
      197? Epiphone Texan FT-160N

Comment

I bet the owner of the company would settle any damages privately if you kept the BBB out of it.

Comment

I bet the owner of the company would settle any damages privately if you kept the BBB out of it.

Comment

He says they thought it was scrap wood and will return it. I'm giving them a few days. I hope they didn't damage any of it. Thin soft plates of red spruce I've been saving for years. BTW you should never barbecue with softwoods. The resin is like pine tar on your food.

I can maybe understand mistaking tops for scrap wood if you are uneducated....but tree of life inlaied fingerboards?

I think they thought no one wanted them and they wouldn't be missed.

I'm going to give them a few days before going to the police.
            "I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

He says they thought it was scrap wood and will return it. I'm giving them a few days. I hope they didn't damage any of it. Thin soft plates of red spruce I've been saving for years. BTW you should never barbecue with softwoods. The resin is like pine tar on your food.

I can maybe understand mistaking tops for scrap wood if you are uneducated....but tree of life inlaied fingerboards?

"I don't want to be immortalized through my work. I want to be immortalized by not dying." Woody Allen

Comment

I hope they don't paint them!!
                HCGB #271

Comment

I hope they don't paint them!!
                  HCGB #271

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by guitarcapo
                    View Post

I would go to the police even when they do return them. In fact I would go to the police right now.

If you or no one else in your household were informed that they took that stuff, newsflash, that's theft. Even IF it were crummy scrap wood, it's still your property.

I would call the police, if only to teach them a lesson. You can't take whatever the hell you want.

I don't know if you got angry over it, but I would be fuming if I were in your position. I would demand they bring them back immediately or else press charges. "I thought it was scrap wood" is no excuse.
                    gibson SG - treble boost - fuzz x2 - marshall JMP - 4x12/2x15

Comment

View Post

I would go to the police even when they do return them. In fact I would go to the police right now.

If you or no one else in your household were informed that they took that stuff, newsflash, that's theft. Even IF it were crummy scrap wood, it's still your property.

I would call the police, if only to teach them a lesson. You can't take whatever the hell you want.

I don't know if you got angry over it, but I would be fuming if I were in your position. I would demand they bring them back immediately or else press charges. "I thought it was scrap wood" is no excuse.
                      gibson SG - treble boost - fuzz x2 - marshall JMP - 4x12/2x15

Comment

I can always go to the cops in a day or two. I'm giving them a chance to make right. The foreman didn't seem to know about it. He's claiming that they are just ignorant laborers. Thank God I got the Brazilian rosewood sets out of there along with all the mahogany necks.

I can understand MAYBE thinking that way about the spruce but not the inlaid ebony pieces. Those were in a very high cabinet above the kitchen stove.

Comment

I can always go to the cops in a day or two. I'm giving them a chance to make right. The foreman didn't seem to know about it. He's claiming that they are just ignorant laborers. Thank God I got the Brazilian rosewood sets out of there along with all the mahogany necks.

I can understand MAYBE thinking that way about the spruce but not the inlaid ebony pieces. Those were in a very high cabinet above the kitchen stove.

Comment

View Post

So, in other words, they actually had to look inside of cabinets to find the fret boards? I think I'd take an inventory of everything in the house. Hell only knows what else they put the snatch on that you don't even know about yet!
                            Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

View Post

So, in other words, they actually had to look inside of cabinets to find the fret boards? I think I'd take an inventory of everything in the house. Hell only knows what else they put the snatch on that you don't even know about yet!
                              Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 YamahaA fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox "Big Ben" wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.

Comment

Yeah - I'd call the cops to get the stuff back, not just wait for them to decide what to return, or take off...

Comment

Working...
                                X