Yes, It's True......

carguy

• Members

Yes, it's really true, I'm back. Well that is to say I'm posting again. I never really went anywhere. I signed up for a couple of other sites, but never posted anything there. When I tried to get on this site, the last couple of months, it was so slow I gave up. I hope this new format works well.

I bought a Martin D35 last week and I've been wanting to tell people about it. I went to a Mom and Pop music store about 20 miles from where I live and found a great D35 that I fell in love with. I actually went to look at a D18 and a D28, but the salesman showed me the D35 also, so I played all three. The D35 just felt and played like a dream. That was on a Friday and I went back on Monday and bought it. The crazy part about it was that the price they gave me was about $300 less than I could have bought one for on line. Even with PA's 6% sales tax I was well ahead of sending for one, and that's not to mention I had a chance to play it first before buying. I'd like to get a setup for it to lower the action a tad, but other than that, I'm loving it. I'll try to take some pics to show you guys. The 3 piece back - East Indian Rosewood - is beautiful. 

• Members

carguy wrote:

Yes, it's really true, I'm back. Well that is to say I'm posting again. I never really went anywhere. I signed up for a couple of other sites, but never posted anything there. When I tried to get on this site, the last couple of months, it was so slow I gave up. I hope this new format works well.

I bought a Martin D35 last week and I've been wanting to tell people about it. I went to a Mom and Pop music store about 20 miles from where I live and found a great D35 that I fell in love with. I actually went to look at a D18 and a D28, but the salesman showed me the D35 also, so I played all three. The D35 just felt and played like a dream. That was on a Friday and I went back on Monday and bought it. The crazy part about it was that the price they gave me was about $300 less than I could have bought one for on line. Even with PA's 6% sales tax I was well ahead of sending for one, and that's not to mention I had a chance to play it first before buying. I'd like to get a setup for it to lower the action a tad, but other than that, I'm loving it. I'll try to take some pics to show you guys. The 3 piece back - East Indian Rosewood - is beautiful. 

HNGD!

A>

• Members

carguy wrote:

I bought a Martin D35 last week and I've been wanting to tell people about it. I went to a Mom and Pop music store about 20 miles from where I live and found a great D35 that I fell in love with. 

Where in Pa.?  Thats a nice deal!

• Members

valentsgrif wrote:

carguy wrote:

I bought a Martin D35 last week and I've been wanting to tell people about it. I went to a Mom and Pop music store about 20 miles from where I live and found a great D35 that I fell in love with. 

Where in Pa.?  Thats a nice deal!

I bought it at K&S Music in Paxinos. They also have a store in Williamsport. Just as a reference, the next closest decent size music store is in Harrisburg and it takes me about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there.

Archived