X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD (warning: dark side content)

Last year I found a Fernandes Strat copy on CraigsList. $50 with a gig bag. It needed a little TLC (cracked nut, loose jack, cheap tuners, setup) but still a good deal. I installed a TUSQ nut and found a set of used mini Grovers on Ebay. I put a set of d'Addario .009's on it and set it up. I have about $100 in it so far so it's still a decent deal. My first electric. Here's a pic:

85aws[1].jpg

Attached Files
    Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Person-2-Person on the Web

That's a real nice looking strat, especially for the money! I can't possibly tell you how much I'd like to have an Fender American strat. I'm interested to hear from you how your Fernandes sounds.

carguy

Comment

• DeepEnd
      DeepEnd commented
      Editing a comment

carguy wrote:

That's a real nice looking strat, especially for the money! I can't possibly tell you how much I'd like to have an Fender American strat. I'm interested to hear from you how your Fernandes sounds.

A coworker who owns an American Standard Strat gave it a thumbs up, although we didn't have an amp handy. As for how it sounds, I'm not a connoisseur of electrics but it sounds okay to me; like an electric guitar. I'm more of a humbucker guy than a single coil fan but I like the mellow sound of the bridge and middle pickups together.

Rock on!!

<div class="signaturecontainer">&quot; HAVE FUN, TRY NOT TO HURT ANYONE AND EAT PLENTY OF GREENS&quot;</div>

Comment

• guitarist21
      guitarist21 commented
      Editing a comment

I have a friend who has a similar guitar. Obviously it's no American Standard Strat but it's a perfectly decent guitar, especially for $50! Congrats, DE, and welcome to the dark side. 

Working...
X