No announcement yet.

Buster B. Jones

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster B. Jones

I received his 'Fingerstyle From The Ground Up vol. 1' yesterday from a tip on another forum. Holy Jeebus, the guy can pick. Then I read he'd died young from alcoholism. How very sad. His video shows what a nice guy he was, very open and friendly, and I can see he was very good at teaching, as well. I am looking forward to digging into this stuff.

“Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives” John Stuart Mill.

"HAVE FUN, TRY NOT TO HURT ANYONE AND EAT PLENTY OF GREENS"

Comment

Bad Robot wrote:

I received his 'Fingerstyle From The Ground Up vol. 1' yesterday from a tip on another forum. Holy Jeebus, the guy can pick. Then I read he'd died young from alcoholism. How very sad. His video shows what a nice guy he was, very open and friendly, and I can see he was very good at teaching, as well. I am looking forward to digging into this stuff.

I was fortunate to see Buster B "Machine Gun" Jones twice in free seminars hosted by my little mom and pop guitar store (one of the many reasons I'm a loyal customer).   He won Winfield (maybe several times?) and at the time he was playing Godin nylon string guitars (the gig was sponsored by Godin).   

Comment

So glad you guys know about him. His recordings with Thom Bresh are some of my all-time favorite guitar tunes.

Comment

Working...
        X