Breedlove Passport Strings

JIMBO1354

• Members

JIMBO1354 wrote:

Hi. Just ordered my first guitar in years- a Breedlove Passport C250/Cme. I used to play a lot of James Taylor/ CSN type of things. Can anyone suggest good string for this guitar and style?

Thanks

I don't think it's possible to predict how a particular set of strings will sound on a guitar. I think it's a good idea to try different brands of strings until you find ones you like best.

• Members

garthman wrote:

JIMBO1354 wrote:

Hi. Just ordered my first guitar in years- a Breedlove Passport C250/Cme. I used to play a lot of James Taylor/ CSN type of things. Can anyone suggest good string for this guitar and style?

Thanks

I don't think it's possible to predict how a particular set of strings will sound on a guitar. I think it's a good idea to try different brands of strings until you find ones you like best.

Honestly, this is the best answer you're probably going to get. Different strings can sound incredibly different on different guitars. For example, my Guild M20 hates phosphor bronze strings - they just sound terrible on it, but they worked fine on everything I've used before. There's no way to really know what will sound good on that guitar.

My suggestion is to pay attention to how you think the stock strings sound. If you like them, maybe keep buying the same thing or something similar. If you don't, then do some reasearch and start trying things you think will work; I've had good luck with GHS bright bronze and vintage bronze, but I couldn't say for sure if you'd like them. Experimentation is good.

Archived