parlor guitar

gio105018

• Members

Hello, need info, opinions and guidance, I want to purchase a "parlor guitar" "O" size, 24 3/4" or 24 scale length, 1 3/4" nut size, under $800.

input on the following in consideration, add more if not listed

Fender CP-100 Parlor

The Loar LO-16 "Small Body OO"

Alvarez Masterworks MP70

Larrivee P-01 Parlor

Seagull Coastline Parlor

Recording King Parlor Guitar Deep Body RNJ-16FE3

Simon & Patrick Woodland Pro Parlor

Tanglewood TW73

BLUERIDGE BR-341

• Members

In order of desirability:

Larrivee P-01 Parlor

The Loar LO-16 "Small Body OO"

Alvarez Masterworks MP70

Tanglewood TW73

Seagull Coastline Parlor

Recording King Parlor Guitar Deep Body RNJ-16FE3

Simon & Patrick Woodland Pro Parlor

BLUERIDGE BR-341

Fender CP-100 Parlor

If the Larrivee P-01 Parlor is an option, I'd grab that...they're excellent. The others, other than the Fender, are nice enough, but the Larrivee is prime..

• Members

I've played none of them so I can't be any help, however I remember reading a review of the Blueridge in AG mag and they cautioned that it has a pretty narrow fretboard and string spacing at the saddle - said it was fairly difficult to play finger style on.   The compound radius on the Larry would bother me however some people seem to really like it.  I'll also say that in my opinion a double ought is not a true parlor - some would argue that a single ought/Concert is as big as you can be and call it a parlor.

Here is my daugters single ought (24.5 scale) with an OM and a 000 - it is based on the 0-45 that Joan Baez played

IMG_1418.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f387/Freeman_Keller/IMG_1418.jpg[/img]

Archived