Bernie Rico - BE-140

tiggeratplay

• Members

hey folks just wondering if anyone has any info in the M Bernard/BE-140.It seems to be very limited to what i can find out about these guitars.I recently was given one by my girlfriend,who bought it AT a yard sale

.As soon as i picked it up i new it was someting special,inside there is a pencil sribe/makers mark of sept 1990.All that i read on the internet is that only one of these guitars have been found in the wild.THat means I have the second,thers some writing that I cant make out.I know that bernie is the bc Rich founder.Anybody with anything please let me know michaelr.ernst48@gmail.com

• Members

Don't know much, but a friend from a job I had back in the late '70s had the D-28 equivalent (rosewood dreadnaught), and it was quite nice. Possibly Bernie Rico had a small shop, possibly it was a one-man operation.

Rico made acoustics for a few years prior to going into the electric guitar business, and the one you have may be from when BC Rich temporarily ventured back into acoustic production in the early 90's...not sure how many of those were made, possibly as few as 100.

Sorry I have no more info to share, but enjoy it. Also, you might contact the company, send photos of the guitar, the label, and the serial# and they can likely tell you a lot more.

• Members

What I've heard is that he launched M Bernard company between 90/92,he made although it varries about 275/300 super strats,the BE-140 single cutaway and the RE-140 were as little as 10 each,this one that i have has no serial other than date and time and I think the Number,as way the superstrats numbered 1,2,3 qnd so on.So would i contact BC Rich I guess is what Im wondering.I live just down the road from famed guitar buider Raysani,not sure if thats the right spelling he builds for the greats Jeff Beck Sting,wall of fame is wicked.So maybe I'll check with him

Archived