D-35 Seth Avett Custom Signature Edition

The EAKLE

• Members

Less than a week after i but a new guitar, Martin announces a Custom guitar by my favorite guitarist.

D-35 Seth Avett Custom Signature

I've never been a huge fan of Dreadnoughts, they've always seemed more awkward that a traditional size or small body, but the D-35 is crazy popular. Every time i look for an acoustic i have several people recomend them to me. If they're serious about the materials balancing out the tone, i could definitely enjoy a Dread more. Looks like a pretty great guitar. Maybe when i have the funds i'll look into one of those instead of a Gibson.

• Members

I am a great fan of the D35 (mine is the standard, no frills version) and it is a rock solid instrument, with great tone and is very stable.  While there may be other guitars out there that have a bit more sparkle than the D35, it is truly a workhorse guitar and is very strong when playing with other instruments.  Even though mine is a 2003, I do not believe it has opened up yet.  I believe that over the years it will just get better.  It smells great too, LOL (Rosewood).

• Members

hi Eakle, I hope ya dont mind a slight detour - still on the D35 theme though, the only D35 I've ever played.

I had a friend who had a Martin D35 which I accused him of destroying by having an artist friend paint a scene on the front - here it is,

painted guitar

The guitar will be worth a 5 or even 6 figure sum now., the artist's paintings now hang in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery .Ah, sometimes ya get it wrong

• Members

Seorie wrote:

hi Eakle, I hope ya dont mind a slight detour - still on the D35 theme though, the only D35 I've ever played.

I had a friend who had a Martin D35 which I accused him of destroying by having an artist friend paint a scene on the front - here it is,

painted guitar

The guitar will be worth a 5 or even 6 figure sum now., the artist's paintings now hang in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery .Ah, sometimes ya get it wrong

Wow...nice work!

Does it impact the tone, though?

Archived