Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

D-35 Seth Avett Custom Signature Edition

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-35 Seth Avett Custom Signature Edition

Less than a week after i but a new guitar, Martin announces a Custom guitar by my favorite guitarist.

D-35 Seth Avett Custom Signature

I've never been a huge fan of Dreadnoughts, they've always seemed more awkward that a traditional size or small body, but the D-35 is crazy popular. Every time i look for an acoustic i have several people recomend them to me. If they're serious about the materials balancing out the tone, i could definitely enjoy a Dread more. Looks like a pretty great guitar. Maybe when i have the funds i'll look into one of those instead of a Gibson.

<div class="signaturecontainer">&quot; HAVE FUN, TRY NOT TO HURT ANYONE AND EAT PLENTY OF GREENS&quot;</div>

Comment

• recordingtrack1
      recordingtrack1 commented
      Editing a comment

I am a great fan of the D35 (mine is the standard, no frills version) and it is a rock solid instrument, with great tone and is very stable.  While there may be other guitars out there that have a bit more sparkle than the D35, it is truly a workhorse guitar and is very strong when playing with other instruments.  Even though mine is a 2003, I do not believe it has opened up yet.  I believe that over the years it will just get better.  It smells great too, LOL (Rosewood).

Not a fan, huh?

Personally I think looks should be secondary. I bet that thing growls though.
    Cornelius Clodhopper

Comment

• Seorie
      Seorie commented
      Editing a comment

"other than the Euro / Adi top / bracing" and what that implys in the sound of the guitar +++

It looks imature and silly.

but no doubt - it'll sound real good - agreed ?

hi Eakle, I hope ya dont mind a slight detour - still on the D35 theme though, the only D35 I've ever played.

I had a friend who had a Martin D35 which I accused him of destroying by having an artist friend paint a scene on the front - here it is,

painted guitar

The guitar will be worth a 5 or even 6 figure sum now., the artist's paintings now hang in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery .Ah, sometimes ya get it wrong

Attached Files

Comment

• Graeca
      Graeca commented
      Editing a comment

Seorie wrote:

hi Eakle, I hope ya dont mind a slight detour - still on the D35 theme though, the only D35 I've ever played.

I had a friend who had a Martin D35 which I accused him of destroying by having an artist friend paint a scene on the front - here it is,

painted guitar

The guitar will be worth a 5 or even 6 figure sum now., the artist's paintings now hang in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery .Ah, sometimes ya get it wrong

Wow...nice work!

Does it impact the tone, though?

Attached Files

Working...
X