How come nobody's helping me?

nopqrs

• Members

I'd like to get my old moniker back.

After countless failed attempts trying to reset my password, however  - I don't receive anything in my personal email when I go through the required steps - I'm at a loss.

I don't know what's going on.   I've tried PM'ing the mods on several occassions but they're just not answering.  Btw, I had to re-register under this new identity in order to post this (and have access to the PM service) .

I can see a lot of the old familiar names are thankfully still around, I'd like to be able to join the party, supercontributor that I am, apparently.

Would appreciate any & all help.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A couple of things:

This is a post from the feedback forum.  Apparently they have set up an e-mail address where people in your position should send an e-mail to get thier old accounts reset:

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

We've set up a dedicated email address for retrieving your previous account. Send an email to userhc999@aol.com with the following information:

1. The user name you want to regain

2. Your current user name, if you re-registered

3. The email you want to use for your confirmation/verification notice

4. If possible, the email for the original user name

Please check your email regularly (including your spam folder). When you receive a confirmation email, follow the instructions to reset the password for your old account. The new account will have been de-activated just prior to your receiving the confirmation email.

This has worked for 99% of the resets we've done. If you're part of the other 1%, email us again with the same information given above, but put "Reset didn't work" in the subject header.

We will get to these as soon as we can, but we have quite a few pending requests so we appreciate your patience. No worries, though, you'll get your identity back soon!

Thank you,

Your Harmony Central Team

Also, check your spam folder.  that is where I found my HC passord reset e-mails.

• Members

Let me rephrase: would I invite you to dinner? ;-)

Actually all I had to offer was to bump that thread in the feedback forum, which I see braif already did for you all this morning. (thanks b! I'll bump tomorrow.) Thanks for having a sense of humor!

Weird. No mobile quoting...

• Members

The Feedback Forum (which it only now occurs to me is kind of an amusing name on a guitar site). It's nested under Gear/General Forums/Site Updates & Feedback/Feedback. (Whew!). Hoddy already provided a link to the particular thread earlier in this one.

Early on, several people suggested making it a site-wide sticky, but nothing happened.

Funny... mobile spell check insists on putting a period outside the parentheses.

• Members

jamesp wrote:

The Feedback Forum (which it only now occurs to me is kind of an amusing name on a guitar site). It's nested under Gear/General Forums/Site Updates & Feedback/Feedback. (Whew!). Hoddy already provided a link to the particular thread earlier in this one.

Early on, several people suggested making it a site-wide sticky, but nothing happened.

Funny... mobile spell check insists on putting a period outside the parentheses.

Ah yes, feedback.  Noticed it now that you mentioned it.  I guess, I'm going to try said forum but seriously, I see the mods are online, posting, etc. they're just not replying.....

Archived