WHAT'S UP WITH BIGALD18?

bigald18

• Members

Just a note to all my old friends at hcag forum.  I'm still around and hope to again get active on the forum.  Recently I've had two stents and a pacemaker put in.  So far, so good.  I also got divorced after 19 yrs of marriage (YAY!!!).  I also got out of st Petersburg and moved to New Port Richey, Florida about 30 miles farther north.  Paid cash for my new home in a 55+ community, no mortgage (YAY!!!).  Much nicer than St Pete.  ALSO:

Have started to play again.  I bought a Blueridge BR-143 all solid spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides.  Also decided to try playing the banjo again so at this moment I am awaiting delivery of a Mastercraft Bluegrass Mahogany 5 stringer.  This brand is a house brand of the Banjo Hut in Knoxville, Tennessee and is a highly rated model on the banjo hangout.

Sooooo....I might even participate in a VOM or two once I get myself up to speed on the git again.  Get your ear plugs ready! lol

BigAl :manvery-happy:

• Members

Thanks for keeping us abreast of how things are going for ya, BigAl. Sorry about the divorce, but I guess some things are for the best.

Glad you're doing well healthwise and happy in your new home and new location.

Good luck with the banjo pickin' and we'll all be looking forward to pictures of it and some kind of contribution to the VOM1T when you're ready.

Hang in there, Buddy! Wishing you the best in everything.

• Members

Hmmm quite a bit of upheaval, but the good kind. I can tell by the "yays"  :womanhappy: Great to have you back Al. Looking fwd to seeing you at the VOM! 

Coincidentally--in last few days I've been getting interested in banjo, as in learning to play one. A bandmate wants us to cover Abigail Wasburn's "City of Refuge", I worked it out for guitar but it is truly a banjo song.

Archived