OT: NKD (CRKT Content)

knockwood

• Members

New cheapie - relatively - pocket knife arrived today courtesy of Walmart: CRKT M21-02G, designed by Kit Carson. Been wanting something a little shorter than my Kershaw NRG2, which I really love. 

Kind of digging the CRKT, although the deployment will take a little getting used to (I love flippers, but this little guy feels very different from the Kershaw), and the Auto Lawks feature, which is designed to prevent the liner lock from failing, is kind of a pain in the ass - which is horribly ironic, since it was one of the features that attracted me to this little guy in the first place. Cannot close it with one hand, and even with two it's awkward. Again, just something to get used to. On the whole, though, I really like this knife. 

I still have a lot of KAS, though. Coming from NYC, never being able to carry a knife has always irritated me. It is not at all a macho thing - I am pretty much teh anti-macho. But for utility, I have about a billion little uses a day for a quickly accessible blade. Unfortunately, I may have just moved to the one city on the planet that is more vague and confusing - purposely - than NYC on the question of what is/is not legal to carry: Philly. Most of PA is just fine with folding pocket knives, especially if they're not of the assisted opening type (none of my knives is). Not being the type to tempt fate, I just don't carry anything at all in public. Annoying. The one blade I covet most is the little Fallkniven U2, with a blade not much over 2". I just never seem to have $90 handy for a tiny knife. When that moment comes, however, I probably will carry it with me - thinking a barely >2" guy will not look menacing to The Man should I ever have an encounter.

Any of you guitar types have a favorite EDC knife?

I also want a Kershaw Skyline. I like teh Kershaw flippers. 

Hey, look at that! I said "guitar!"

• Members

If I have my pants on, there's a knife in my pocket. My knives get heavy use in my job as a carpenter, wimpy blades won't cut it. Buck knives are my favorites. I carried a Buck lock blade every day for 12 years before it gave up the ghost. I'm currently carrying  a Buck in its 2nd year with me.

• Members

Unless I'm going into one of the commie places, I always have a knife in my pocket. Currently it's a little Case 2" folder. Cases are not what they used to be tho.

Used to carry one of the big Bucks in the leather pouch on my belt. Had the "Flicket" attachment on it.

When I was in school, every boy had a knife in his pocket. You weren't {censored} if you didn't have a Case or a Boker Tree Brand. Nobody worried about it. Nobody ever got cut. Nobody ever got stabbed. Not any more.

Oh, yeah. "Guitar."

Archived