NGD- Martin Clapton 000-28M

RKGIBSON

• Members

After five times driving the 120 miles to St Louis, to play and look, I finally pulled the trigger. This Eric Clapton 000-28M is # 52 of 461. It has Madagascar Rosewood sides and back. The guitar is a beauty and sound better. To my ears, it is the best sounding acoustic that I have ever heard.

Roger

• Members

Madagascar rosewood is gorgeous. I would post a goat pic but instead..MORE MADAGASCAR ROSEWOOD!!

Madrw83103.jpg

Madrw83102.jpg

Madrw83105.jpg

Madrw83104.jpg

I honestly can't tell this stuff from Brazilian...it looks the same as the sets I sell of the highest grade Brazilian. The second set is particularly nice. I'm thinking that these days Madagascar rosewood probably surpasses Brazilian rosewood in desirabilty when you factor in the quality issues with Brazilian lately...

• Members

Thanks everyone. This guitars looks yelled out to me when it was on the wall. When I played it I really wanted it. I tried the Mayer model, a regular 28 and the Clapton 000-28ECB. The regular Clapton is better than the others also. The Rosewood just sings a different tone. The price was the only hold back in buying it. I really need to sell something.

Roger

• Members

I got it at Fazio's. I do not know of Music Folk, where are they at and what lines do they carry? . . .

They're in Webster Groves at 8015 Big Bend Blvd. They're pretty much the premier acoustic shop in the area. Here's a list of guitar brands taken from their web site: Huss and Dalton, Martin, Gallagher, Taylor, Simon & Patrick, Seagull, Alvarez, Blueridge, Art and Lutherie, Ramirez, Gitane, Eastman, Alhambra, La Patrie, Hofner, National, Beard, Gold Tone, Wechter/Sheerhorn, Slama, Reverend, Strunal.

Eddie's Guitars isn't far from there, 7362 Manchester in Maplewood, but I feel more comfortable in Music Folk. Anyway, ya got a great guitar from a decent bunch of folks. Congratulations again.

• Members

Interesting link if you are interested in just how rare Madagascar Rosewood is and will be. After reading it I almost feel like my new guitar that is on layaway is the equivalent of a blood diamond and that makes me feel guilty. Hopefully what Martin and Taylor is building with was obtained prior to what the article is talking about. It sounds like the wood is gone for good.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/03/090324-lemurs-looting-madagascar.html

http://forestpolicyresearch.org/2009/03/23/madagascar-rosewood-thieves-and-political-instability-shuts-down-marojejy-national-park/

Archived