NGD!! Not for me, though

Howie22

• Members

My aunt has been calling me and texting about what kind of guitar to buy and where to buy it. She wanted to look in pawn shops. I told her to give me a budget and let me buy something for her.

She wanted to spend around $200. I found a used Breedlove D20FS 7/8 scale. She liked the idea of a smaller bodied guitar. It was pretty beat up, and sounded a little dead, and the action was a little high. Decided against that.

I ended up buying a Yamaha FS700S in the natural finish. Nice sounding little guitar! Got it on a bit of a sale. I will get it to her this week.

Now, what kind of case/gig bag for a small bodied concert model like this?? Seems like the majority of cases are dread, jumbo, or classical. Should I go with a classical case? I'm thinking some kind of inexpensive bag. Buying it will be up to her - I just want to make a recommendation of something inexpensive, but decent. Maybe one of the Gator padded bags.

FYI. . .dude at the store was fairly peeved that I didn't buy a case from him. Then, he was ultra peeved that I asked for the box that the guitar came in.

• Members

That guy would have been even more peeved if you had just said forget the deal.

Anyway, you did good.

The Silver Creek cases from Musician's Friend are about the best bang for the buck on cases out there. I'm thinking that that FS Yammie should fit in the 000 sized case. Maybe someone else can confirm or refute this.

Here's a link.

Silver Creek 000 case

• Members

FretFiend. wrote:

That guy would have been even more peeved if you had just said forget the deal.

Anyway, you did good.

The Silver Creek cases from Musician's Friend are about the best bang for the buck on cases out there. I'm thinking that that FS Yammie should fit in the 000 sized case. Maybe someone else can confirm or refute this.

Here's a link.

You've mentioned the Silver Creek cases before. They look good. Unfortunately, that's probably way outside of what my aunt will want to spend at this point. I was thinking more along the lines of a $25 padded gig bag or something.

I will note that I watched the same sales guy sell a Seagull S6 to a newb by telling him the reason it was more expensive than the Entourage series is because the S6 is all solid wood, while the Entourage is laminate. :smileyfrustrated: 

Archived