DID OPA JOHN SCARE AWAY ALL THE OLD MEMBERS OF THE HCAG?

bigald18

• Members

Did Opa John scare away all the old members of HCAG?  It seems like there is hardly anyone left here and a severe shortage of womenses! What gives?  :mantongue:  By the way, the emoticons on this new site SUCK big time!

BigAl

• Members

Well, (he says in his best impersonation of John Wayne) you just hold your horses there, pilgrim. I get blamed for just about everything that goes wrong in my own house.....I'll be damned if I'm gonna take the blame for running off the old members here on HCAG, too! HCAG had a lot more to do with that than anything I ever did.

And, you're correct. These emoticons suck canal water!

• Members

bigald18 wrote:

Did Opa John scare away all the old members of HCAG?  It seems like there is hardly anyone left here and a severe shortage of womenses! What gives?  :mantongue
:  By the way, the emoticons on this new site SUCK big time!

BigAl

And that's the least of the suckiness. And prob the reason for the crickets.

• Members

dstapleton70 wrote:

i had to reregister-im not a major contributor but been a member since 2006. Not sure if I can even access my old account info,

I was user dboy420

Send a PM to moderator Meowmi - include your old username and email address, as well as the new name and addy.   She can straighten things out for you - lots of us ended up in username limbo.

• Members

The only interwebz forum I've ever spent time in, other than fb, is HCAG. And I was into HCAG before fb existed. I haven't meant to be staying away from here, but I like the big avatars at MV, and I still dislike the look of this place overall as compared with how it was. Granted, the new site now functions better than late-2012 HCAG.

But seriously, if they make the avatars big again I'll come here more often. I like pictures with my words.

• Members

Michael Martin wrote:

But seriously, if they make the avatars big again I'll come here more often. I like pictures with my words.

I'm with you on the size of these avatars. Ridiculously small. I've thought about "retiring" my "Willy" avatar, but I keep hoping things will change for the better. I'm also still getting used to the "look" of Harmony Central in its present state. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking..........But..........it works........so at least it's better than what we had three months ago.

• Members

DJ in FL wrote:

I don't know who scared them away, but surely this site is enough to scare away ever some devoted regulars!

What can we do about it??

Sadly, I fear that the single most effective thing we could do is leave.  

Archived