Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for any early model Ovation Glen Campbell guitars-12 string or 6-string models. If you have one for sell or know someone that does, please contact me with as much info as possible. Thanks.

Retromusic in Keene, NH has this one:
    http://www.retroguitar.com/guitars/ovationglen1F.JPG

Comment

Retromusic in Keene, NH has this one:
      http://www.retroguitar.com/guitars/ovationglen1F.JPG

Hmmmm...my cousin's/my former GC looks exactly like this one, so maybe mine did come originally w/ the P/U and preamp...I really should write to Ovation one of these days and verify, one way or the other.

The reissues appear to have the retro system, as well.
      God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Looking for any early model Ovation Glen Campbell guitars-12 string or 6-string models. If you have one for sell or know someone that does, please contact me with as much info as possible. Thanks.

I have a Vintage Ovation Glen Campbell 12 String Acoustic Guitar model 1118-4
        serial# 013036 with the hard shell case. Its in excellent condition. I was going to put it on ebay with bid starting at 800.00.

Comment

Tom T. Hall had one that Glenn Campbell gave him. Tom brought it to our house a few times and played it. I was fascinated by it the first time I saw the round back. That was some time between the song "Harper Valley PTA" and the "Homecoming" album, maybe 1968 to 1972 time-frame.
          The secret of man's creative power is imagination.

Comment

Glen Campbell is truly one of Country Musics Greats he's well up there along

with Nelson / Cash / and Jennings / I liked his song Galviston
            A WISH A KNEW, WHAT A KNOW NOW, WHEN A WAS YOUNGER ----> ROD STEWART..

Alvarez RD20S-Sitka Spruce Top / Lam Mahogany ---> Back/Sides

Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo (Burst) Cedar-Top / Wild Cherry ---> back/Sides

Yamaha FG 730S Vintage Burst Sitka Spruce Top / Lam Rosewood ---> back/sides

Ovation applause elec-acoustic (lam)

HCAG Permanently Ignoring ----> NO ONE WHY ? ----> Because I Aint So Child-ish

Comment

Glen Campbell is truly one of Country Musics Greats he's well up there along

with Nelson / Cash / and Jennings / I liked his song Galviston

He was a session player for many years. There are a couple of videos out there of him playing "Classical Gas".

Comment

That's certainly true. I remember going shopping for a Glenn Campbell Ovation in 1973 & ending up buying a red Guild D-25
                I saw hanging on the wall. I'll never forget that day, in fact.

The Guild was cheaper and sounded better than anything in the show-room. But it was still a close call. I really wanted a "Glenn Campbell Ovation" & I'd never heard of a brand named 'Guild'.

I am one of the few acoustic players who still has a very high opinion of Ovations. I still own a 1988 Elite.
                It's a superb instrument.

I played a lot of studio work in the early 1980s with Ovation guitars. I also played them on the road into the 1990s and they never let me down. I used mostly laminated tops playing live and that was to prevent those pesky finish cracks around the bridge on their solid-topped guitars. The laminated tops never had that problem.

Comment

He was a session player for many years. There are a couple of videos out there of him playing "Classical Gas".

No Probs..But i put him up there i reckon also some people whom are more so even talented than others say higher up the rung
                  sometimes just dont make it as big.. I guess its a who you know type of thing which is sad really
                  But Glen Campbell certainly was well know in these parts
                  A WISH A KNEW, WHAT A KNOW NOW, WHEN A WAS YOUNGER ----> ROD STEWART..

Alvarez RD20S-Sitka Spruce Top / Lam Mahogany ---> Back/Sides

Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo (Burst) Cedar-Top / Wild Cherry ---> back/Sides

Yamaha FG 730S Vintage Burst Sitka Spruce Top / Lam Rosewood ---> back/sides

Ovation applause elec-acoustic (lam)

HCAG Permanently Ignoring ----> NO ONE WHY ? ----> Because I Aint So Child-ish

Comment

I have one that Glen gave me years ago backstage at Harrahs in Lake tahoe.

Comment

Hi, I have an Ovation 1118-4 Glen Campbell 12 String Acoustic Guitar w/ case that I'm considering putting up for sale.  Please contact me if you think you might be interested.

Thanks! 

Comment

Working...
                      X