X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takamine G440c or Cort SFX-E Acoustic Guitar

Takamine G440c is a guitar which has a lot of good reviews and Takamine guitars known for their well quality, Its available for 200$ in my place. I dont know why its that cheap, also it does have a laminated top only. Cort SFX-E also for the same price only like 5$ more but has a pickup, solid top. Both have Mahagony sides and back, personally i prefer the Takamine because of its gold tuners.  Someone who has used both please help me decide, I am sort of beginner intermediate player

I've played the Takamine in Guitar Center but haven't seen the Cort. Frankly, my recommendation would be "Neither." If this guitar is an upgrade for you, you'll likely want a solid top, which rules out the Takamine. Besides, "It has gold tuners" is a pretty lame reason for choosing a guitar. As for the Cort, while they make some excellent guitars and in the neighborhood of $200 is a great price (from what I can see, that model typically sells for closer to $265), it's best to avoid cheap acoustic/electrics because the manufacturer has cut corners somewhere; decent electronics are not cheap and a cutaway adds cost, as does a solid top. My overall advice is to either keep saving until something else comes along or buy the Takamine.

Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
    Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
    Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
    Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Working...
    X