1970's -era Lincoln Acoustic Guitars. Heard of em?

dmak

• Members

Someone gave me a guitar. It is real nice. Rosewood back and sides with solid spruce top. The guy that gave it to me bought it in the mid-1970's. It was made in Korea.

The thing is ... it sounds AMAZING - even up next to Martins and Taylors. It is real pretty too. Great craftsmanship.

Unfortunately though, I have been unable to find any info about it online. If anyone has any info I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don Mak

• Members

Never heard of the brand but you pretty much summed it up. Korean made, which means it was probably built by Samick or Cort in one of their large guitar building factories, and it was built in the mid 70's. What else is there to know? Enjoy the guitar!

• Members

Thanks everyone ... I was hoping to get a little more back story, that's all.

The guitar is really well made and sounds awesome. I am thinking of using it in the studio for my EP I will be making in the next month or so.

Thanks again,

Don Mak

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I realize this reply comes well after your original question, but I just googled Lincoln guitars because I've owned one for 30 yrs and decided Iit was time to know more about it. Was hoping to learn its age. Bought mine used in '78, made in Japan, with lovely maple b/s and probably solid spruce top. Nice easy action and interesting sound. Someone replaced two of the original tuners, and I'll probably replace the other four and throw a pickup in it. Do you still have yours, find out anything else?

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Lincoln made a range of guitars - acoustic and electric (including basses). I can remember Woods music shop in Bradford doing a big promotion on them in the 1970's - dont think they sold very well though. I bought a second hand electrc 6 string in the late 80's very cheap. A fantastic guitar - unbelievable action and pickups, only thing is it is quite heavy.

• Members

Regardless of it's lineage/heritage/background, it sounds like a nice git. So cool to find that rare gem of a git - totally obscure name, awesome sound, still in good shape after 30 years.

Even more cool is that you got it for free!! :thu:

Enjoy!!

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Yep all the above is true....Solid rosewood and spruce top....Shhhhhh. Some had Ivory saddles and nuts....If it said Martin or Gibson, it would be worth thousands....I've got one in immaculate condition....

• Members

Stackabones wrote:

:eek:

Except for JT, everyone who has ever posted in here has stopped posting at HC!!!

OH NO! AM I NEXT?!?!?!

:cry:

Welcome to the forums, shawfields!
:wave:

Got any pics?

I think Chris should be a fortune teller.  He's the great Carnac! LOL

I love zombie threads!