NGD! Taylor 710

racoustic

• Members

NGD everyone! Just picked up a 1997 Taylor 710 (local pickup - used, of course ;)) My current guitar is Epi AJ Masterbilt and I love her with all my heart but sometimes I miss the crispness.

This baby has sublime sharpness and looks & feels great. The neck feel is not exactly like my epi but has fairly thin profile, but isn't a v-neck. The owner didn't remember all specifications so not sure if the top is Engleman or Sitka spruce (but I doubt its Cedar) and assume the body is Rosewood. She also has a highlander pickup that the owner installed after-market and sounds great. My first Taylor and really the first one crossing 1K (I think it was good deal)

Does anyone know how I can find specifications based on serial number. The owner mentioned something about the neck having some form of Brazilian wood but wasn't completely sure. Can I call Taylor and ask for specifications? 

Anyways, I love the sound and will be playing this thang a lot now ;)

Although agree with most folks, the bass (particularly on the D string) isn't as romantic/powerful as a Martin (particularly HD28V). The only other guitars I liked (as I have been looking for a bit) were Martin HD28V (powerful sound, still maintains the crispness) and a particular piece of Hummingbird Pro. Those two were 2 or 3X of the price I paid for this 710 so I am happy! I haven't tried Colings or Taylor artist series yet so can't comment on those. 

NGD! (p.s. pics are taken from my phone; will update some better pics later)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Archived