Taylor guitar issues help please!

DT

• Members

Hi Fretfiend,

I thought this orignally but, there's no rough or sharp edges. It's a real pain in the ass mate and after spending the equivielnt of $1500 USD I was expecting a bit better quality. I have sent it back to Taylor and I should have an answer soon hopefully.

• Members

Hi koiwoi,

The string breaks just behind the bridge, and I can't for the life of me figure out why! The action is low, much lower than my Lowden, and the guy in the shop reckons that the low action could be causing the fret wear and string breakage. They are sending it back to Taylor for them to look at. What is worrying me slightly is that if they come back and say they can find nothing wrong with it I am stuck with a guitar I can

• Members

Hi Freeman Keller,
The guitar was bought new three months ago, so the bridge and nut are the original ones fitted by Taylor which is called nubone apparently. I don't bend the string before putting it in the hole at the bridge but that is a good shout. I'm annoyed as I bought the guitar to play and I can't. At this point I really want my money back as I don't trust the brand anymore.

• Members

DT wrote:

Hi Freeman Keller,

The guitar was bought new three months ago, so the bridge and nut are the original ones fitted by Taylor which is called nubone apparently. I don't bend the string before putting it in the hole at the bridge but that is a good shout. I'm annoyed as I bought the guitar to play and I can't. At this point I really want my money back as I don't trust the brand anymore.

I've never heard of the problem before with any Taylors and certainly not with my 314.   Their nuts and saddles are made of a synthetic bone like material that allows them first to cast them in the correct shape, then do the final cnc milling - again their quality control is at the top of the industry but something might have slipped thru.   Taylor also has a great customer relation reputation - I think given the chance they will do the right things for you.  Good luck, keep us posted.

Archived