OT-Abroad In A Strange Land

poppytater

• Members

With no small amount of trepidation, this weekend I once more crossed the border into that savage realm.............Ohio. Ill fated previous expeditions gave me motivation for new techniques I tried this time. As I made it back in one piece, I thought I'd pass along what I've learned to those other brave souls who may venture there.

Don't show fear. Upon encountering a native, make direct eye contact- stand tall making yourself appear bigger -in a loud, firm voice say" I contain toxic chemicals that may be fatal if ingested!"

Bring trade goods. Ohioans play a rudimentary form of basketball and worship the real deal so anything with the University of Kentucky logo is worth bringing. I traded an U.K. keyring for 6 acres of soybeans.

Speak respectfully when talking about sheep.

Good luck fellow travelers.

• Members

Dang, Poppy, I didn't know you were a "broad"...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Glad you had a safe trip into Buckeye territory and back, Poppy. You're somewhat of a rare creature. Most people who come to Ohio from Kentucky never seem to make it back to where they came from. Once they get here, they just seem to stay!

That six acres of what you thought was soy beans was crab grass; the stuff you people from Kentucky  call "greens". Oh, and BTW......thanks for the U.K. keyring. I have a body piercing I can hang it on. I think it'll look real neat there!

Archived