Bluegrass anyone?

gitmo

• Members

The local college station had a one hour bluegrass show on during my drive home. Banjos don't do well in Miami but the DJ introduced me to some new stuff. I don't care for country as a rule but I do like a lot of bluegrass for the combination of mandolin, violin, guitar, bass and, sparingly, the banjo.

Here is a new one I came across that I liked enough to share; probably "Newgrass":

BTW, "New to me".

• Members

Those are all good ones, gitmo. I like some bluegrass once in awhile, but I'm with you on the banjos. In fact, I used to go to a bluegrass jam every Saturday but stopped going due to the number of banjos that always seemed to show up. Of course, I guess the banjo players could've said the same thing about all of the guitar players, too.

I like all three of the videos you posted, but Sarah Jarosz is probably my favorite. She's a helluva talented lady who plays just about anything with strings on it. And, speaking on lady banjo pickers, I kinda like this one. "Mean" Mary James. She also playes fiddle and guitar.

Archived